Star Trek Into Darkness - In theaters May 17, 2013

Apr 17, 2009
San Diego, CA
From IMDB:
With: Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Karl Urban, zoe Saldana, Anton Yelchin, Simon Pegg and more...

Trailer:
More on Apple.com
(Youtube video is dead...)

Teaser trailer:

New Trailer just aired today (2013/04/16)

Old infos:
'Star Trek' Sequel Gets A Release Date

UPDATE: Paramount has confirmed to MTV that the projected release date for the "Star Trek" sequel is indeed June 29, 2012.

This counts as news, but there's not much to it. We all know there's a "Star Trek" sequel coming. Hell, Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci, writers/producers of the May reboot, were talking about sequel possibilities as far back as the week after the first movie came out. Now we have a date to pin our hopes to: June 29, 2012.

Nothing else is known or announced, so don't ask. Maybe director J.J. Abrams will return to helm the sequel, maybe he won't. Maybe Khan will be the villain, maybe not. For all we know, the plan is to give us an epic "Star Trek Meets Star Wars" crossover. Could happen, right?

The news comes from a variety of sources, including Ain't It Cool News and Box Office Mojo, but there's no Paramount-issued press release that I can find. The information ran through some trustworthy sources, but we've yet to receive comment from the studio directly.

Regardless, there really hasn't ever been any doubt that we'd be seeing more "Star Trek." Abrams' take on the series made it friendly to an entirely new, much wider audience than its ever known before.

Attachments

• startrekintodarknessWetEnterpfull03.jpg
    startrekintodarknessWetEnterpfull03.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 249
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Hussun
I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more lens flares. They really cut them back for this one but great film. I'm more partial to the first but both great.

This was another enjoyable movie, much better than IM3. Better story (if not predictable), good effects, more coherent, and as above noted less flare.

The only negative were the people behind me the entire movie yapping away and then get nasty at me when I shush them. Its a movie theater during a movie keep your yap shut. I wish I had my own phaser, set to stun :squint:

OH and they missed a great opportunity to tease Robocop, considering Peter Weller. But oh well

Conclusion: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Last edited:
Just got back and all i can say is WOW.This movie,for lack of better words,Dumps on Ironman 3 and possibly everything else i wanted to see this summer.The cast,script and FX's are perfect.I'm not the guy to give a movie a 10/10, but this movie is damn near perfect.

on a side note i had no idea who Alice Eve was before this movie, but omg.This chick's facial structure is flawless and her body is insane.When you put Zoe Saldana on the back burner you have something special.Plus, that epic scream.

Why do Americans make noises in cinemas when watching films I don't get it. We Brits don't cheer at a scene or line of dialogue we keep quiet through the film and only laugh at the precise times it calls for. I couldn't imagine someone behind me yelling 'kick his ass' or something and we certainly don't get over exicited when a soldier raises a flag.

Why do Americans make noises in cinemas when watching films I don't get it. We Brits don't cheer at a scene or line of dialogue we keep quiet through the film and only laugh at the precise times it calls for. I couldn't imagine someone behind me yelling 'kick his ass' or something and we certainly don't get over exicited when a soldier raises a flag.

Trolls.They are trying to get everyone in the theater involved but to no avail so they start to act like Asses.Luckily the crowd for this movie is older then most and people only clapped at mega epic scenes and little jokes only a Trekkie would notice.

Just saw the 2D version and this is definitely the best film I've seen all year. For the past ten years, it's been only these Star Trek films and Tolkien movies that offer complete satisfaction from the whole cast - with spectacle, cgi overkill, and actor showboating in most contemporary blockbusters, the Star Trek films and Tolkien films are a reminder of films from the past...aka real motion pictures.

Star Wars is really going to be awesome in the hands of Abrams, but on the other hand I liked that he made Star Trek seem cooler than Star Wars and I fear that the next Star Trek movies will be awful with another director - possibly put in the hands of someone like McG or Oliver Megaton. It would be great if Abrams could still direct the next Star Trek films too.

Amazing that this sequel is just as good as the first one. Cumberbatch was more impressive than I expected - sort of like a mixture of Loki, Hannibal Lector, and Christian Bale from Equilibrium. I loved the way he enunciated everything. Great nods to the original (yet inferior) films. The story was much better in the second one. I loved both films equally but I have a feeling that I would rewatch this sequel more. I also loved that Robocop got a huge role in the film - I miss Peter Weller.

Last edited:
If you haven't seen this movie yet...Go See It! It is really good. I went to see this and Iron Man 3 today and this knocked the socks off of IM3 easily. There was so much action that it nearly knocked my socks off. :scat: I'm actually considering going to see this again. :movie:

Reactions: ocielz
If you haven't seen this movie yet...Go See It! It is really good. I went to see this and Iron Man 3 today and this knocked the socks off of IM3 easily. There was so much action that it nearly knocked my socks off. :scat: I'm actually considering going to see this again. :movie:

2 for 1 :naughty:

I agree the whole movie was well done. The only reason I am reserving judgement for movie of the summer is cause MoS comes out mid june and there is still Catching Fire (which I don't think will be better) and Hobbit 2 (could go either way)

2 for 1 :naughty:

I agree the whole movie was well done. The only reason I am reserving judgement for movie of the summer is cause MoS comes out mid june and there is still Catching Fire (which I don't think will be better) and Hobbit 2 (could go either way)

What?Was this serious?

Imo the only thing this summer that could beat this movie in the entertainment department has to be Man Of Steel.Ironman will unfortunately make more money then this film.

Sort of weird that Peter Weller wasnt as big a star as I perceived him to be when I was a kid. His big starring films are actually pretty few: Buckaroo Bonzai, First Born, Robocop, Robocop 2, Leviathan, Naked Lunch, Screamers, and now Star Trek Into Darkness. Everything else is pretty much direct-to-video type movies. It's a shame, cuz he is always great when he leads a professionally-made film.

Peter Weller has never really been a big star though.... all those movies you've listed (including the mighty fantasticly awesome and superb Robocop) are all B Movies that found their audience more-so in the home video market

Saw this movie last night in 3D IMAX. :drool:

Best movie of the year so far. Great plot, visuals, actors hit the emotional scenes right out of the park (especially Benedict/Chris/Zachary) and most importantly, I wasn't bored at any moment in the film.

I'm going to go see it again. IM3 was so weak compared to this film.

Last edited:
wow am i the only one who thought this epically failed to compare to the first star trek ? ya it was amazing to look at and damn funny, but there was no substance.

The genius of the first movie was the character development and how each was introduced and the way they tied into each other

this movie had no creativity nor originality as in the first and they could have done ANYTHING to make this into a new story line,

now please dont get me wrong here, i thoroughly enjoyed every minute of this film but IMO fails hard to live up to the first movie

Reactions: Marina Blue
Can someone explain this one plot hole for me

movie spoilers, obviously as I want to discuss plat holes

Khan is a genetically altered super human whose blood can revive dead tissue. He is trying to save the 72 other members of his crew

Why does McCoy need his blood when he has 72 other popsicles to choose from who are also altered and whose blood is just as likely to revive Kirk

Can someone explain this one plot hole for me

movie spoilers, obviously as I want to discuss plat holes

Khan is a genetically altered super human whose blood can revive dead tissue. He is trying to save the 72 other members of his crew

Why does McCoy need his blood when he has 72 other popsicles to choose from who are also altered and whose blood is just as likely to revive Kirk

i dont think you can with draw blood from a frozen body(i may be wrong) but i didnt think they wanted to chance these guys waking up either

i dont think you can with draw blood from a frozen body(i may be wrong) but i didnt think they wanted to chance these guys waking up either

no matter what they do have to get Khan but getting his blood I dunno

You don't have to wake them all up just one of them.

Also if Khans blood regenrates dead cells is he then immortal

no matter what they do have to get Khan but getting his blood I dunno

You don't have to wake them all up just one of them.

Also if Khans blood regenrates dead cells is he then immortal

I thought about this same thing when I was watching the movie.
Although to be fairly honest, you are seeing one dude do so much damage, would you risk having another do the same? :p

I thought about this same thing when I was watching the movie.
Although to be fairly honest, you are seeing one dude do so much damage, would you risk having another do the same? :p

True but imagine waking up from a cryofreeze, I am sure you would be disoriented, then someone sticks a needle in your arm and puts you back to sleep. Wham, Bam, Thank You Maam

Also one other point was Khan evil becuse thats how they all were or because of circumstance both being used for evil intentions and because of the injustice of it. But againn they still needed to take care of him either way

Not being a Star Trek fan I thought for a second he could have been borg. I just remembered seeing those guys in a commercial or two