Purchase link:
Zavvi
Amazon
Price: £14.99

11279860-1854389452283483.jpg

11279860-1954388961890847.jpg
11279860-2084388961901377.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I suppose it's hoping for too much that there is any clarification on the versions being released? They seem to be persisting with the Motion Picture director's cut and it is even mentioning Wrath of Kahn being the director's cut too? Which just confuses matters even more.

The Directors Edition of TMP was finished in Standard Definition IIRC. That's the reason why it wasn't included on the original BD (which was just the theatrical edition). Even if they included it on the disc on SD I'd be happy.

Star Trek 2 yet could almost certainly be the directors cut as it's the only one of the series that has been remastered and will have a 4k release later in the year. The others nothing has been done and it's unlikely to get anything done in the near future due to lack of funds. DS9 and Voyager won't becoming out on blu-ray either for the same reason. The money is not there and specifically two episodes of DS9 would cost a fortune to remaster. The only thing that may change all this is if the new Star Trek series is a success but considering the overkill they did on the franchise I still think it's way too early to bring the show back.

The Directors Edition of TMP was finished in Standard Definition IIRC. That's the reason why it wasn't included on the original BD (which was just the theatrical edition). Even if they included it on the disc on SD I'd be happy.
Yeah that's what I mean about it being confusing. It was the reason I never bought the original 6 movies on bluray before and stuck with my DVDS. Prefer the original Undiscovered Country director's cut to the newer one but I'll take either over the theatrical cut.