Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: November 10th, 2015
Purchase links:
Amazon
Walmart
BestBuy.com
Price: $16.96 (Walmart) - $19.99 (Best Buy) - $24.99 (Amazon)

Per Wreck here on Aug 5: Gloss and debossed titles.

4.jpeg

Part of the Star Wars collection: I, II, III, IV, V, VI
set-jpg.179863

Last edited by a moderator:
$206.68 from Zavvi whereas ~$102 from Walmart before taxes/shipping/GB fees :)

Holy cow! Certainly that price will come down, right?

Here's the problem. Zavvi does a price drop and then I'm stuck with all the pre-order stock because the price was about the same...

This is why I would be nervous doing a GB for a WWA release that is dependent on price...

Holy cow! Certainly that price will come down, right?

Here's the problem. Zavvi does a price drop and then I'm stuck with all the pre-order stock because the price was about the same...

This is why I would be nervous doing a GB for a WWA release that is dependent on price...

That's a valid concern, but I personally doubt the price will drop significantly if it does at all. Pure speculation, mind you.

Yeah, I gotta think Amazon will price match Wal-mart before too long. Amazon is often higher at first...

Personally I'm holding off, I don't see these selling out any time soon. Not sure about the US/Europe but it's been said that Amazon Japan has a 10000 print run per Star Wars steel.

Yeah, Walmart is notorious for sending in bubble mailers - I'd more than likely get a bunch of denters and then have to deal with all of that too.

@Basil and other folks, I really think your best bet is Amazon or just wait it out, these will not sell out worldwide - someone will put them on clearance...

These Star Wars Steelbooks is this the biggest print run and overall release so far if you look at the amount of countries and amount of different retailers in each country that have been have announced so far

Have Fox gone a bit over the top with these with the amount of units

It would be good to know what the print run is per country

Last edited:
@apsmith cheers andy for the advice, just now would looked on walmart link it and it would seem they have put price up to $21.20 so would seem they are now on the make as well :rolleyes:

think if i get these will now wait for a big price drop think ill be waiting 6 months tbh.

seems mention star wars and the retailers just seem to want to screw you of every last penny/cent :greedy::greedy::greedy:

basil :thumbs:

Um, none of these can be pre-ordered on Amazon (USA) any longer. They all say "currently unavailable" and there's no option to pre-order any of them. What's going on? Surely there's no way these are sold out months before they're released. It's not like we're talking about some ultra-limited Korean release here.

No females? Unless there's a girl under that helm i'll pass. If i wanted a line up of pictures with a bunch of ugly guys on them i'd buy Expendables, Predator or some Metallica albums.

shaking_head_breaking_bad.gif

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Geek Tragedy
Um, none of these can be pre-ordered on Amazon (USA) any longer. They all say "currently unavailable" and there's no option to pre-order any of them. What's going on? Surely there's no way these are sold out months before they're released. It's not like we're talking about some ultra-limited Korean release here.
Happens here and there-Listings sometimes become available for a variety of reasons (catalog listing maintenance, verifying some details with studio etc). I guessing they will be back?

Reactions: adarkcorner
Last edited:
Reactions: Atomic_Mist