Apr 19, 2016
Release date: March 27, 2018
Purchase links: 4K - BD
Price: $34.99 (4K) - $29.99 (BD)
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21
Note: Spot varnish and debossed title treatment

viii.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my god is the spine not solid black like the other Steelbooks wtf?

If the spine was solid black, you wouldn't be able to read Star Wars.
You can hardly read it now with the black print on a grey background.

Of course you can hardly see Star Wars on the Force Awakens spine either...and that was black on black.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: FN-2187 and Drumass
Thought I'd have this in hand today, but UPS misrouted it to Indianapolis. :smashed:

Missed this in IMAX, so I decided to just wait for the blu. Looking forward to seeing this for the first time. :whistle::thumbs:

i will wave at it as it passes thru lol
Ha! I almost tagged you in my post, but I didn't want to throw you off if you were waiting for the notification for the FAC Blade Runner GB.

I don't really mind the delay, I just hate to have an unpadded package bouncing around the postal system any more than it has to. :ohno:

does anyone have pictures of the "spot varnish"?

"Spot Varnish" to artwork and title ... pics courtesy Steelbookpro:-

However, and it's got to be mentioned ... this steelbook seems to be lacking the stunning metallic reflections on the light sabres as seen on the Australian / ROW steelbook:-
Bright, brighter, brightest (lol) ...
upload_2018-3-27_23-18-13.png
upload_2018-3-27_23-19-1.png
upload_2018-3-27_23-21-44.png

• Helpful Post
  • Thanks
Reactions: Radagast and Drum18
How did everyone's steels come out? Mine is just covered in those little bumps front and back, im probably not going to return it but im worried those bumps will chip off eventually

They learned from TFA - there are going to be a lot of copies, but a lot less than you would think.

I've been checking all my ship notices for the group buy - nothing is shipping from the warehouse like usual - looks like a lot my copies are shipping from stores.

They only usually do that when they are out of stock at the warehouse.

I would hedge my bets and do what I could to secure a copy in advance.

Just stopped by Best Buy to return my copy of The Last Jedi and Best Buy had 53 copies of the 4K Last Jedi Steelbook in stock.

So these might be around for a while.

Makes me sad seeing the US getting these already, while I have to wait longer to see this film. I just want to watch it already. Heck, I could probably get an American copy here before the UK release. lol

Just stopped by Best Buy to return my copy of The Last Jedi and Best Buy had 53 copies of the 4K Last Jedi Steelbook in stock.

So these might be around for a while.

Probably because the U.S. has 2 separate steelbook editions. The 4K/2D and the 2D/DVD.

Canada only has the 4K/2D and they are already gone. Only 4 or 5 copies released to each Best Buy store.

Makes me sad seeing the US getting these already, while I have to wait longer to see this film. I just want to watch it already. Heck, I could probably get an American copy here before the UK release. lol

Yep. You can get a copy shipped there in a week or less.

Restocked the group buy with some additional copies, if anyone is searching...

Will hold on to these for a bit and can combine with a future group buy :thumbs: