PC / Mac Steam Controller + Link

Lone Crusader

The Savage Ninja!
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Nov 24, 2011
Corpus Christi, Texas, USA
Steam Controller, Link and other accessories on sale together or by themselves. 18% - 60% Off
Offer ends Monday at 10am Pacific Time.

steam1.JPG steam2.JPG steam3.JPG steam4.JPG

Just to make you aware, if you buy the Steam controller it already comes with a wireless receiver. Also the convenient receiver battery door that holds your receiver isn't really needed if you buy the case as it has a place for it in there.

I have a Steam controller and can say that this thing is wonderful. It is the best controller I have ever had the pleasure of using. Even more so than my PS4 or Xbox controllers.

STEAM

steam.png

After extensive use of this controller I find it to be not as good as I originally hoped it to be. For the most part it's not widely accepted in most PC games as it has to be preconfigured for each game which can be a considerable amount of time depending on the complexity of the configuration. The fine tuning can be a real headache to say the least just trying to get it to work correctly and how you want it. It's $35 on Amazon and to be perfectly honest, you get what you pay for.

My advice if anyone is looking for a PC controller for your games, go for something like the XBOX One Elite controller or the Razer Wolverine Ultimate which is due out in late December of this year. Their both XBOX One controllers and most PC games that support controllers almost always have a loadout for an XBOX controller. I plan to buy the XBOX One Elite plus the wireless USB adapter to make it work with Windows and do away with the constant headache of the Steam controller. I found the XBOX One Elite controller for as little as $124 over at Monoprice.