Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
SHIPPING NOW
http://shop.hidefninja.com
Single Editions:
https://shop.hidefninja.com/products/suspiria-single-hidefninja-black-label-exclusive-3
Sold out

Platinum Pack - Limited to 25
https://shop.hidefninja.com/product...a-black-label-exclusive-3?variant=40897236037

Our 3rd release in conjunction with Synapse Films is that of SUSPIRIA. This edition’s quality is beyond words, but if you want an explanation you have plenty of that to be found below! Completely packed, crazily restored, and the ultimate definitive edition of SUSPIRIA in SteelBook form housed in HDN commissioned artwork from some of the best recognizable and talented artists on the scene. Following up on their consistent designs from Tenebrae and Phenomena we have brought on QuiltFace Studios “QFS” and The Dark Inker once more and added Matt Ryan Tobin for his amazing take on SUSPIRIA.

suspiria-darkinker-web.jpg
suspiria-mrt-web.jpg
suspiria-qfs-web.jpg

Each Slipbox will be semi-gloss with special print finishes and each edition will feature three 4x6 screen printed artcards by one of the best screen print poster printers in the business. QFS and MRT will feature silver metallic ink and DI will feature red metallic as well. Each edition comes with a bonus limited challenge coin in which the Blood Red Regular is limited to 125 and the Argento Rosa (Pink Silver) is limited to 75. They are awarded at random with single edition orders and only the Platinum Packs guarantee you one of each coin.

Dario Argento's masterpiece of horror comes to home video from Synapse Films in an exclusive new 4K restoration from the original uncut, uncensored 35mm Italian camera negative and with the original 4.0 English surround sound, for the first time EVER! Painstakingly restored over the past three years, Synapse Films has created the ultimate special edition of SUSPIRIA with the supervision and approval of the film's Director of Photography, Luciano Tovoli, and loaded with a separate Blu-ray disc of amazing extras. SUSPIRIA is now presented in its original glory for its 40th Anniversary!

The set will include two Blu-rays + 1 CD. The film will be on its own Blu-ray disc, to maximize the quality for both picture and sound, with most extra features being on a separate Blu-ray. The set will be Region A locked. CD obviously not locked.

“Info below is very early, and final extras have not been finalized. We believe this item may sell quite a bit faster than our previous SteelBook releases, so we wanted those who were interested to be able to "lock-in" their pre-order now. We DO NOT yet have a final street date, but we fully expect the Limited Steelbook to be released before the end of the year for the 40th Anniversary. Our goal is to start shipping in mid-late November, but this is subject to change. As the extras and final specs come in, we will update the listing accordingly.”

SPECIAL FEATURES:

Three disc [Two Blu-rays + One CD] limited collector’s edition containing a new 4K restoration of the original uncut, uncensored Italian 35mm camera negative exclusively done by Synapse Films, with color correction supervised and approved by SUSPIRIA Director of Photography, Luciano Tovoli

Original 4.0 1977 English language LCRS sound mix not heard since the theatrical release in 1977, presented in high-resolution DTS-HD MA 96 Khz/24-bit audio

Italian 5.1 surround sound mix

Two audio commentaries by authors and Argento scholars, Derek Botelho, David Del Valle & Troy Howarth

Do You Know Anything About Witches? - 30 minute SUSPIRIA visual essay written, edited and narrated by Michael Mackenzie

Suzy in Nazi Germany – Featurette on the German locations from SUSPIRIA

A Sigh from the Depths: 40 Years of SUSPIRIA – All-new anniversary retrospective on the making of the film and its influence on cinema

Olga’s Story – Interview with star Barbara Magnolfi

Original theatrical trailers, TV spots and radio spots

Special Collector Edition Booklet containing an American Cinematographer interview with Luciano Tovoli, liner notes by Derek Botelho and restoration notes by Vincent Pereira & Don May, Jr. Cover artwork by Matthew Therrien Illustration

“International Classics” English “Breathing Letters” opening credit sequence from U.S. release version

Alternate All-English opening and closing credits sequences, playable via seamless branching

Newly translated, removable English SDH subtitles for the English language version

Newly translated, removable English subtitles for the Italian language version

Exclusive CD remaster of Goblin’s SUSPIRIA motion picture soundtrack, containing additional tracks not included on the original 1977 soundtrack release

suspiria-platinum-beautyshot.jpg

Attachments

• suspiria-darkinker-web.jpg
    929.8 KB · Views: 7,610
  • suspiria-mrt-web.jpg
    suspiria-mrt-web.jpg
    761.4 KB · Views: 7,050
  • suspiria-qfs-web.jpg
    suspiria-qfs-web.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 6,282
Last edited by a moderator:
Well if you arent looking for a coin, art cards, slipbox etc. then yeah.... and I guess thin packaging.

we refuse to ship in a soft bubble mailer so our shipping price is literally the AT COST price from a discounted rate from usps.com People can check usps.com and see our rate is discounted and then you can check endicia, ebay, pb, stamps and see our rate is the AT COST rate. So that means our bubble and hard box etc is not even counted in our shipping cost. But boxes and bubble wrap has become a way of life for us in the collector community so we aren't arsed about it.

it cost $21.38 to ship our edition to the UK.... and that is what its charging.

to get to $12 you have to be 8 ounces or less. Only time we ever could hit that was shipping a plane jane steelbook in a zavvi box ... we aren't willing to risk that damage as we all know how many dinged up, bent up steels you can get overseas from a zavvi box. Plus you can't fit a slipbox edition in a zavvi box ...

So we're comparing apples to oranges here. :cool:

True I guess.
Such bad timing for this. If it was 3 weeks from now then I would been ok with it but been expensive month due to 2 GBs plus FrightFest festival.So guess Im moaning haha

Hello, new here, signed up to order this movie. Loooooove the second one (the one with the house) on the cover. I went to order but how do I know which one I'm getting? It's not clear when ordering how you select which version you want to order and don't want to get the wrong one.

The pic before ordering shows the one I want, but at checkout it shows the quiltface one, which is not the one I want, so confusing.

Hello, new here, signed up to order this movie. Loooooove the second one (the one with the house) on the cover. I went to order but how do I know which one I'm getting? It's not clear when ordering how you select which version you want to order and don't want to get the wrong one.

The pic before ordering shows the one I want, but at checkout it shows the quiltface one, which is not the one I want, so confusing.

There's a drop down menu at the bottom. The one you want is the Matt Ryan Tobin, so choose that and hit add to cart.

Actually it looks like both versions of that art have sold out.

What, it is truly happening! Argento's masterpiece as a fabulous Ninja edition, matching perfectly with the previous films. Jesus Christ, I need this right now!

Too bad all the Platinum Packs are gone.

Not really surprised Matt Ryan Edition sold out, the art is a better representation of the film (in my own opinion). Not that there's anything wrong with the other artist they did an excellent job as well.

Not really surprised Matt Ryan Edition sold out, the art is a better representation of the film (in my own opinion). Not that there's anything wrong with the other artist they did an excellent job as well.

I think its great, and I think the others due to the past releases look amazing all together.

However, for information sake ...... as I had stated before Pre-Order.

1) Held back some qty of each edition. small amount
2) Held back more of MRT then the other 2. (not a vast amount ... )

Why?

I felt it wise to hold back a little bit of qty to release at later date for those who might miss out due to a multitude of reasons. Like, life.... and, I'm sure many Texas Ninjas aren't thinking about their hobbies in their lives right now as where I'm from .... Houston, (dont live there now) and also where Mondo is ... (and where my Wife is from) Austin is getting hammered with rain, as Hurricane Harvey is devastating right now in Houston. Both my Parent's houses are taking on water just now as we speak. I've been through a hurricane before and know what goes through your mind and what you spend your time on .... and its not this, HDN etc. by any means!

Having spent the past 2 years presenting in Austin at Mondo Con and Texas being a huge market I'm sure there may be people who miss out just due to all that going on right now. So least they'll have another chance at a better announced point as well as others who have missed out. We can't alter all our plans and we have fans from the world over ... but we do try to be as helpful as we can manage.

Also holding likely 20 MRT's back for live pre-order at Mondo Con as both HDN and Matt Ryan Tobin will be at Mondo Con so it just sounds fun. If those don't sell there they'll go up online afterwards. If you know a Ninja attending they could order for you in person.

*subject to change

Last edited:
Another big special thank you to all of our ninjas near and far supporting our third release-We appreciate it very much! :ninja:

A big thank you to Synpase for working with us once again, and our amazing 3 artists, QFS, Dark Inker and Matt Ryan Tobin who have poured their artistic passion into this release.

Thanks all for helping us build our horror line over the years and for all of your excitement about the horror genre and collectibles in general.

If you're just catching up or have just joined the HDN community, you can pre-order our editions exclusively at http://shop.hidefninja.com

@Wreck @apsmith21

suspiria-mrt-web.jpg
suspiria-qfs-web.jpg

I waited too long to make a decision because of the UHD release. Finally decided to get the beautiful MRT slip but all are sold out / held back :( I'll be eagerly waiting for them to come back in stock. It's one of my all time favorite horror films and my favorite Argento but I really don't like the other slips unfortunately. I've been waiting for this remaster for years so I really hope I get one. If not I'll just wait for a similarly nice UHD release from HDN hopefully down the road.