Sync Browser Bookmarks Between Windows and Android & iOS iPad/iPhone

Lone Crusader

The Savage Ninja!
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Nov 24, 2011
Corpus Christi, Texas, USA
I've been doing this for over 2 years now so I thought that I'd find an article on it and here it is. Just in case you were wondering, Xmarks works on both Android phones and tablets and is designed for Firefox, Chrome, IE & Safari.
Also I just did a search for Xmarks in the Apple App iStore and it's also available for iPhones and iPads too, so this isn't just isolated to Android devices.

MaximumPC
JimH443 asked the Web Browsing and Email forum how to keep the same browser bookmarks on his PC and his Android phone

Let's take this problem one PC browser at a time.
040920thumb-11341654.jpg

Firefox

This one's easy. In Firefox, on the PC, select Tools (if you don't see menus at the top of the window, tap ALT), then Set Up Sync. Fill out the form, sticking to defaults when you're not sure.
040920firefox202-11341656.jpg

Then install Firefox for Android on your phone.

When you first launch your new browser, click Set Up Sync. You'll get a screen with three codes. On the PC, select Tools, then Options. Click the Sync tab. click Pair a Device and enter the codes.
Chrome

You'd think that one Google product would easily sync with another. But, alas, you'll need third-party software--and a Google account (such as Gmail).

On the PC, in Chrome:

1. Click the tool icon in the upper-right corner and select Options.
  2. In the left pane, click Personal Stuff.
  3. In the "Sign in" section, make sure you're signed in as yourself.
  4. Click the Advanced… button and make your sync choices. You want Bookmarks checked. You may or may not want the others.
040920chrome-11341650.jpg

On the phone, go to the Play Store (formerly called the Android Market) and download and install either ChromeMarks or ChromeMarksLite. Click here to decide which one you want.

You should have no trouble setting it up.

Your bookmarks won't show up in the browser. But when you click one in ChromeMarks, the page will open in your browser.
040920android20chrome-11341646.jpg

Internet Explorer

I have yet to find a satisfactory way to do this, except…
The All-Browser Option

The online service XMarks will sync your bookmarks across multiple browsers and platforms. On the PC side, you can install XMarks add-ins for various browsers.

The basic XMarks service is free, but it doesn't support phones. For that, you'll need the shell out $12 a year for the Premium service.

As with ChromeMarks, you use the XMarks app to find and select bookmarks, which then launch in your browser of choice.

I like the Chrome sync, it's pretty nice. Also, with the chrome to mobile I can transfer the page I am looking on my pc to my mobile device. This is certainly pretty damn neat.