Welcome to a dedicated and passionate movie & collectible community!

Are you looking to participate in discussions with our friendly members? Please join today!

1. New! 24-Hour Steelbook Flash sale! | Empire of the Sun-live now!

Amazon UK | Amazon USA | Amazon DE | Amazon CA | Amazon FR | Amazon IT | Amazon ES | Amazon JP
    Zavvi | Walmart | Play.com | Future Shop | Best Buy | Target | YesAsia | Ebay
    Become a Ninja! | Support The Site | HDN Shop

Terminator 2: Judgment Day (Blu-ray SteelBook) [Germany]

Discussion in 'Blu-ray SteelBook™' started by thomastan, Apr 29, 2012.

1. thomastan

thomastan

Post Ratings:
    +24
    Went looking for information on this old steelbook from 2009 and found a thread doesn't exist for it yet.
    Release date: September 4, 2009
    Buy Link: Amazon DE
    Artwork:
    FRONT
    T2-DE.jpg
    BACK
    [​IMG]

Info
    - Discs: 1 (Skynet Edition, VC-1 master, Dolby TrueHD), printed FSK logo (16).
    - Region: B locked
    - Front: Rating logo sticker, no blu-ray banner.
    - Back: Printed studio text (English), probably the most discrete printed back around, but also comes with a data sheet.
    - Hi-Def steel siblings: UK, Mexico (region free), FR, NL, AU steelcase, JP v1.0 (Embossed, 2 Discs) and JP v2.0 (2 Discs, H.264/AVC, DTS HD).
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2014
  2. carllenc

carllenc Premium Supporter

Post Ratings:
    +13,343
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: May 2, 2012
  3. STEELBOOKJUNKIE

STEELBOOKJUNKIE

Post Ratings:
    +143
    Hope this isn't considered off topic but would anyone who has just ordered the T2 German steel tell me I their copy has a small vertical indent along the bottom right hand side which coincides with the plastic clip on the inside front cover? I have the French edition and had to order it twice because the first had this manufacturing fault, second copy was the same so wondered if it was the same across all versions, thanks
  4. apsmith21

apsmith21 Operations Manager Staff Member

Post Ratings:
    +24,525
    hi Steelbookjunkie - here's the T2 thread for Germany. I've moved your post to here.

I've seen these defects before, more specifically with my copy of T3 and copies of the first release of The Hangover steelbook from Germany, but I don't have this release.

Maybe another member can help.
    Last edited: May 24, 2012
  5. Nonox

Nonox

Post Ratings:
    +101
    I have also the french copy and the manufacturing default is present like you...
    I don't have the German T2 but i think it is the same thing
  6. STEELBOOKJUNKIE

STEELBOOKJUNKIE

Post Ratings:
    +143
    Ah thankyou :) I went back to the other thread and for a minute I thought it had been deleted? Couldn't find this thread on google ( the search option on here never works on my iPhone. Much appreciated
  7. amen

amen BANNED

Post Ratings:
    +208
    Glad to get this beauty finally! I think most of us forget how good this steelbook looks....maybe due to its wider release. Are people happy with this release or prefer a newer re-release with different artwork?
  8. RiX

RiX BANNED

Post Ratings:
    +601
    DEPENDS

I own this and it is indeed pretty awesome, just a shame it's quite common.
    I had T3 for a few days and look and feel of it is much nicer than that of T2.
    This already has 2 releases in Japan in addition to this one, as long as the art work is kick-ass then I wouldn't mind, also have T1 on order and am on the hunt for TS!
  9. amen

amen BANNED

Post Ratings:
    +208
    Not a big fan of the Japanese T2....prefer this one. This will sit nicely with T1 play for sure. I am too on the hunt for TS and T3 to complete the set but to me 1 & 2 are the ONLY Terminator movies
  10. tono06

tono06

Post Ratings:
    +1,720
    this is a bump for the new members! i have always liked this edition, the shinning effect and the metal color are just awesome and this one does have nor interior art work but some how it adapts perfect because of the colors; i just love it!...with the new release from Korea i couldn't resist the temptation and i bought it, but i still like this one better even if has not embossed/debossed effect...the new release seems funny to me...the way the red eyes are pupping is hilarious...
  11. Gadget

Gadget

Post Ratings:
    +189
    Another bump. Robert Patrick, Earl Boen and Linda Hamilton signed my German T2 today.

t2.jpg
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2014
  12. tono06

tono06

Post Ratings:
    +1,720
    awesome!EEK!:drool::rock:
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2014