Terminator 2: Judgment day Premium Edition (Blu-ray SteelBook) 2.0 [Japan]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: November 20, 2009
Purchase link: [URL="http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B002P69TM2/?tag=hdnjp-22"]Amazon.co.jp[/URL] (Sold-out)
Terminator 2 - v2.0 w/Black Slip Owners Club: Click here to join

Specs:
1080p MPEG-4 AVC
English & Japanese DTS-HD MA 5.1
English DD 2.0
Japanese Fuji Telecasting Co. Broadcast Edition Mono 1.0
2 Commentary Tracks
2xBD50
139 mins (Theatrical Version)
153 mins (Extended Edition)
CinemaScope
2 Deleted Scenes
24p Booklet in Japanese
Difference between 1.0 and 2.0:
"The audio is DTS HD MSTR instead of Dolby True HD on the 1.0 version"

51IG%2Bwne4qL._AA300_.jpg

Actual pictures:

v1.0 vs v2.0:

Attachments

• 51ig2bwne4qlss500.jpg
    51ig2bwne4qlss500.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 454
  • gu01f.jpg
    gu01f.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 433
Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
Reactions: gcnguy
Not that rare dude, you can still get it on amazon from the resellers. ;)

http://www.amazon.co.jp/ターミネーター2-プレミアム・エディション-Ver-2-0【3-000セット限定生産】-Blu-ray/dp/B002P69TM2/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1306785846&sr=8-3

I should know, I got two copies in mint condition - one for me and one for another member here. :D

But expensive. $290 new, which is probably the best option with this one as once opened its almost identicle to V1. The used ones look debatable. Plus it appears they only ship to Japan.

Your best bet to get one for a reasonable price would be to get a used copy from the amazon.co.jp marketplace, but you'll need to either have a contact there or use a mail forwarding service to get it - it seems all 3rd party resellers on there only ship within Japan.

If you need help with the forwarding service, shoot me a PM.

But expensive. $290 new, which is probably the best option with this one as once opened its almost identicle to V1. The used ones look debatable. Plus it appears they only ship to Japan.

Honestly, the japanese take of their crap - one guy described one copy that had slight scratches on the slip, but the steelbook was mint.

See my above post, you can use a forwarding service. :)

LOL just checked that old link to this on amazon.jp marketplace sellers and the cheapest new one is about $700 USD.

Yeah, and the Google Chrome browser translates this line from that seller on Amazon.jp:

Seller: The female staff are carefully inspected seven days a week - 24 hours - Smiles Gift

Well, they better be inspected for 7 bills! LOL :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

I have a spray paint tool.... If you want me to paint the cover black, let me know...it's $2 for the paint :)

Maybe I should pick up all the v. 1 for $40 and paint it and resell it for $500? :)

I have a spray paint tool.... If you want me to paint the cover black, let me know...it's $2 for the paint :)

Maybe I should pick up all the v. 1 for $40 and paint it and resell it for $500? :)

They'll know it's a fake since you'll have the only black japanese T2 blu-ray steelbook.

You need a slipcover that's black, but not embossed like the steelbook. ;)

You took it out of the package Andy?

Nope - didn't open them Todd. They were already open copies I got from amazon.co.jp marketplace for relatively cheap (and I say over $110 - $120 each as cheap). For myself and my good Canadian trading partner. :)

They were in great shape, especially after I wiped off the finger prints - they also came with that overlay backing you see there with arnie (the thing has all the movie info on japanese).

Wow, very nice. So these slipcovers are not embossed?

I don't believe they are - I have to double check to answer for sure. But you'll notice on the other edition (the actual steelbook) it does not state Ver. 2.0 on the steelbook, unlike the slipcover.

i dont personally get the fuss about this release your paying alot of money for basicaly a black slipcover :dunno: the steel is the same dont see the point oh and sorry the audio on the disc is slightly different. :rolleyes: