'The Amazing Spider-Man' - In theaters July 3,2012

Apr 17, 2009
San Diego, CA
1.jpg

info

[media=youtube]-tnxzJ0SSOw[/media]

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
I have a feeling once Marvel takes over the franchise and Sony ends their contract, they might just reboot it. I read somewhere that Sony was unwilling to work with other studios for cameos in order to fit into the universe Marvel is building so they aren't happy about it.

I have a feeling once Marvel takes over the franchise and Sony ends their contract, they might just reboot it. I read somewhere that Sony was unwilling to work with other studios for cameos in order to fit into the universe Marvel is building so they aren't happy about it.

That is sad for the potential Marvel universe that Sony is unwilling to work with it. There is so much that can be done with the story lines in the Marvel line

I went to see it at midnight last night. I have to say I liked this version over Sam Raimi's Spiderman. The movie was told in a more personal way, there's more attachment to Peter Parker due to this. It also felt more comic bookish. It was good and the 3D was decent, most of the movie lacks effects up until maybe the last 30 minutes where there's tons of 3D scenes.

I have to say I liked this version over Sam Raimi's Spiderman.

Agree with this ^ I felt it was a much better film than Raimi's version. To be honest I wasn't really looking forward to this, it was more like filler until TDKR comes out but I ended up really enjoying it, Garfield really nailed Peter Parker as well I thought. In fact dare I say it, I prefered this to The Avengers EEK!

Agree with this ^ I felt it was a much better film than Raimi's version. To be honest I wasn't really looking forward to this, it was more like filler until TDKR comes out but I ended up really enjoying it, Garfield really nailed Peter Parker as well I thought. In fact dare I say it, I prefered this to The Avengers EEK!

Exactly what i thought! Except the bit about the Avengers! They have a HULK :oohyeah:

I always felt that Sam Raimi's version was rushed or at least that it rushed through the story. We never really saw much of Peter's younger years in high school. Mcguire was good, but Garfield nailed the teenager that found himself in an incredible situation.

Not a big news but...

From the official TASM Facebook page:
It's finally here! The Amazing Spider-Man is the first installment in a movie trilogy that will explore how our fave hero's journey was shaped by the disappearance of his parents.

I just saw this last night. (Yeah, it took me that long.) I wasn't really looking forward to it, y'see. I kept saying it wasn't Toby anymore. But while watching last night I remembered I never really liked Tobey right? haha. It was a great movie, overall. Spidey's moves were much more acrobatic. And it's more "realistic" for me.

we saw it last night it was quite enjoyable with some great subtle 3D effects, it was darker and grittier than any of raimi's trilogy and the better for it, i also think that garfield's performance was better than maguire's more brooding in keeping with the original story.
I'll certainly check out the inevitable sequal but as to weather i'll buy the bd depend's if we get a good steel or not.

Saw it last night.

Movie has some pros and cons.

Pros:

- Prefer Garfield's version as PP/Spider-man. Visually, he's who I picture from the comics, not Tobey's look.

- Like Emma Stone/Gwen over Mary Jane/Kirsten Dunst.

- Visually, the graphics are better and Spider-man looks more flexible and cool
in the action scenes

Cons:

- Movie felt short. Weak plot and we already saw the beginning of how Spider-man started.

- Not a fan of the actors that played PP's grandparents.

- Terrible villian

------------------------------------

I would've done this movie as Spider-man #4 with Garfield in role and use Carnage as the main villian with Venom in it as cameo.