Aug 21, 2011
Montreal, QC, Canada
CANADIAN SLIPCOVER LIST

Attachments

• Canada.png
    Canada.png
    18.8 KB · Views: 255
Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a question from another thread regarding slipcovers in Canada and which ones have bilingual text:

I am having a hard time to understand, meaning that bilingual slipcovers are only in Quebec ? Nation wide release what does that mean as opposed to Regular release like ''The Little Price'' for example which I believe is releases for the whole country even if Bilingual ?

I figured I'd repost my answer here since it seems like the best spot for it. Here ya go...

-------------------------------------

Distributors in Canada are a confusing, fickle bunch. Basically, it kinda goes like this...

Disney: All-English slipcovers (identical to the ones in the U.S.) across Canada except in Quebec where they sell both the all-English slipcover and an alternate bilingual slipcover.
Version of The Jungle Book available everywhere in Canada:
61Pcq43NUDL.jpg

Version of The Jungle Book available only in Quebec (unless you order off a website like Amazon -- then you can buy it from anywhere):
612nr0xoREL.jpg

Universal/Fox/Sony/Warner/Paramount: Nearly identical to the slipcovers sold in the U.S., but with bilingual text (only exception being Warner's TV releases -- those are identical to the U.S. release and without bilingual text). Sometimes a Canadian-exclusive distributor will pick up film rights for Canada over one of these guys. In that case, the slipcover would be different than the U.S. slipcover.

eOne/VVS/Mongrel/Elevation: A bilingual, Canadian exclusive slipcover not found in any other country.

Funimation/Shout & Scream Factory/HBO/Starz/Criterion: Identical to the slipcovers in the U.S.

I'm sure there's smaller distributors that I'm forgetting about, but this should at least give you an idea of what it's like trying to find non-bilingual slipcovers here.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: WKRP and PunkNinja