"The Cape" TV Show Discussion Thread

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
thecape.jpg

Premieres January 9,2011 @ 9 EST/8 CST on NBC

"An honest cop on a corrupt police force is framed for a series of murders and presumed dead. Forced into hiding and desperate to reunite with his wife and son, he recreates himself as a caped hero, determined to bring justice back to the city he loves."

Preview: http://www.nbc.com/the-cape/video/sneak-a-peek-at-the-cape/1263953/

DB

Watched the first 2 episodes the other night and thought it was not too bad at all and I am looking forward to watching the 3rd episode from last night within the next couple of days.

There are a few storyline issues and I thought his, The Cape's, development to being a "super-hero" went way to fast, although he does get the crap kicked out of him on a regular basis :D

Hope it lasts ;)

Cheers
CrashKelly

i really dont see this one lasting as long as heroes.

It it makes it past the first season I'll be really surprised.

---------- Post added at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------

I wanna wait a few seasons. I'm still pissed how Heroes started out good and then went to crap and cut mid season.

I think what happened with Heroes was that the writers didn't expect it to continue as long as it did. I know the writer's strike during season 2 didn't help, but they kind of killed themselves when they kept writing stuff that negated what was previously established. I still watched it until the end, but the best of the show ended halfway through season 2 (and that's being generous).

If anything, i'm hoping if it doesn't work out on NBC, they move it to SYFY, like they did with Merlin.

if SyFy pics it up, 100 dollars says SyFy will say is a SyFy original, bunch of lying turds
and its really pissing me off they claim this on everything, for instance, did anyone watch Being Human when it it was on? got canned, SyFy picks it up and guess what? thats right, tthey say, another SyFy original series, i was thinking of calling Law and Order and see if they would take this case :p lol

if SyFy pics it up, 100 dollars says SyFy will say is a SyFy original, bunch of lying turds
and its really pissing me off they claim this on everything, for instance, did anyone watch Being Human when it it was on? got canned, SyFy picks it up and guess what? thats right, tthey say, another SyFy original series, i was thinking of calling Law and Order and see if they would take this case :p lol

Never knew that being human was on another channel. I never saw any adverts for it until syfy.

Oh wow, I had no idea "Being Human" was elsewhere (aside from the original in UK, of course) either....interesting....