Purchase links:
Amazon.fr
fnac.com

1507-1 (1).jpg

Last edited:
"Cartel"

Release date: October 1st, 2014

Purchase links: Amazon.fr

The listing is very vague but Cartel is the French title of the film The Counselor.

Definitely a pass. I'll be interested to see what it looks like, but not a buy for me.
Of all the movies that have yet to get the digibook treatment, they choose this one! :angry:

This could look amazing but I would never own the POS. A wonderful cast, screenplay by Cormac McCarthy, so how did this end up being so bad! I respect Ridley Scott as a director, but I had my reservations when he was named as director for this. It seems I was right.

Last edited:
Here's the content of this digibook (priced at €20) :thumbs: :

Disc 1:

- Theatrical cut (117 minutes).
- 3 deleted scenes (7 minutes).
- Trailers, TV spots.

Disc 2:

- Uncensored extended cut, fully re-edited by Ridley Scott (138 minutes).
- Audio commentary by Ridley Scott.
- Making of (79 minutes).

I feel I will have to see this film before October 1, given its bad reputation my guess is it's better not to blind-buy this :D.

It would be cool if they make Digibooks for the rest of the Alien Saga.

Which is the Mailadress of Fox france and spek they englisch? I have a few artwork suggestions.

Settle down fellas, don't be so quick to change the section of this thread, the description still says it's a "hardback digibook edition", and the updated photo on the page is a slipcover, yes, but of the regular Counselor edition that was released a few months ago ;).

Why would they re-release it when the regular slipcover is still available (and cheaper than that) a few months after the original release?

My theory is that they didn't have any pic of the digibook yet, so they figured they would upload a photo of the regular Counselor slipcover edition until they have something better to show us :).

Settle down fellas, don't be so quick to change the section of this thread, the description still says it's a "hardback digibook edition", and the updated photo on the page is a slipcover, yes, but of the regular Counselor edition that was released a few months ago ;).

Why would they re-release it when the regular slipcover is still available (and cheaper than that) a few months after the original release?

My theory is that they didn't have any pic of the digibook yet, so they figured they would upload a photo of the regular Counselor slipcover edition until they have something better to show us :).

No problem. Once this is released. I'll change it back

A poor effort from Fox, this "digibook" has only 5 sheets with the character pics, no text or information regarding the making of the movie.

Sad to say, Fox digibooks are sometimes pretty poor when it comes to the number of pages. Haven't received my copy yet, but does it have a plastic holder for the disc or just the cardboard slot that Fox sometimes uses?