Digibook The Dark Knight Rises (Batman/Bane) Target Exclusive Blu-ray Digibook [USA]

herpderp

Collectibles Mod
Premium Supporter
Sep 4, 2011
Sweden
Release Date: December 4, 2012
Price: $31.99
MOD UPDATE: The cover is apparently lenticular, and the 2 photos below show the images that appear when the cover is rotated.
http://www.target.com/p/the-dark-knight-rises-only-at-target-blu-ray-dvd-2012/-/A-14199527

Lenticular cover with both arts:
tdkr2_US.jpg

tdkr1_US.jpg

Actual pics: (tx to tariqd)
View attachment 21523
https://www.hidefninja.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21524/img]
[attach=full]21525[/attach]
[attach=full]21526[/attach]
[attach=full]21527[/attach][/spoiler]

[b]Release trailer:[/b]
[spoiler][media=youtube]OtsDtEkVGrw[/media][/spoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok so just read, Target is sending them out without a shipping notice. so everyone should get one by today, that is if you had an order cancelled.

I got mine today. They sent me 2, but I only ordered one. I thought they may only send the regular BD, but it was 2 digibooks.

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

I totally forgot about the free copy. I had already bought one on release day, so I'll be returning the free copy. Hopefully I get it today.

The note that came with it says that since you were not charged, you cannot return it.

I got mine today. They sent me 2, but I only ordered one. I thought they may only send the regular BD, but it was 2 digibooks.

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

The note that came with it says that since you were not charged, you cannot return it.

Yeah, but I bought one already and opened it, so I'll be returning the unopened one I received today.

---------- Post added at 05:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

just got home and saw the package from target and it seemed a little heavy for a digibook and I opened it and there were two copies!

I had pre ordered 2 copies on the same order, so I guess they deemed me entitled for two free copies. Looks like my friend who I ordered for can return the copy he bought on release day. now he gets a free copy too!

He can return the sealed copy with the receipt that he got for the one he paid for on release day.

So he's not really returning the "free" one.

Is this sold out in stores?

I don't know about sold out, but they're no longer sold at Target. I'm not sure what they did with any extra copies they might have had. Maybe there were none, and it is indeed sold out. I just remember there being a lot of copies left, and then the next day they were all gone with the display that they were sitting on.

Thanks to this release I got the Man Of Steel steelbook instead of the digi. I love digibooks but this is more suited for a collector as is Man of Steel digibook. If you don't need to own the steels this is pure bliss, but I dig the steels a little more.