Status
Not open for further replies.

Lone Crusader

The Savage Ninja!
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Nov 24, 2011
Corpus Christi, Texas, USA
There is a strong cult/film following of Sam Raimi's early films. I've been a strong follower of all of his films, especially this one. I already have the one on DVD that's a replica book bound in human flesh (really just rubber). Who's down for this movie getting a Blu-ray steel?

Reactions: denizen
The Evil Dead II

I like this movie even more than the first one. Who's down for this movie getting a steel. Hell, even a numbered steel would be good. :scat:

For some reason my poll didn't show up. Maybe a moderator can fix it. Thanks.

Last edited:
Highly unlikely to happen for Evil Dead 1 given that the distribution in North America is under Anchorbay/Starz (correct me if Im wrong but no bluray steelbook yet from this company)

Army Of Darkness - likely possible given that it is under Universal Studios

Evil Dead 2 - highly unlikely in US (Lionsgate handles the rights) but a possibility in Canada (if Maple acquired a release rights given that they are the sister company of Lionsgate and an example of blu-ray steelbook released was The Expendables)

Overall - Its Highly Impossible for all Three to be in Steelbook packaging

Highly unlikely to happen for Evil Dead 1 given that the distribution in North America is under Anchorbay/Starz (correct me if Im wrong but no bluray steelbook yet from this company)

Evil Dead 2 - highly unlikely in US (Lionsgate handles the rights) but a possibility in Canada (if Maple acquired a release rights given that they are the sister company of Lionsgate and an example of blu-ray steelbook released was The Expendables)

What a bummer :(

Lots of Evil Dead fans my friend, I know 3 hardcore fans who have all the editions released on earth. And well, even tho I'm not a horror fan, I really love this franchise.

That is correct but that is not to say that it won't happen. As Wreck mentioned in another post distributors periodicly view these forums to see what the majority of the people are interested in. This is the very reason that this room was created. If I recall Annchorbay/Starz took several years to start releasing limited edition DVD's after they hit the market in 1997. So it is quiet possible that they will jump on the bandwagon as other distributors have done.

Reactions: biscuitnoir
That is correct but that is not to say that it won't happen. As Wreck mentioned in another post distributors periodicly view these forums to see what the majority of the people are interested in. This is the very reason that this room was created. If I recall Annchorbay/Starz took several years to start releasing limited edition DVD's after they hit the market in 1997. So it is quiet possible that they will jump on the bandwagon as other distributors have done.

But one has to take note legality wise to what extent. And I highly doubt if competing media distributors will work together for it.

---------- Post added at 10:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 AM ----------

Lots of Evil Dead fans my friend, I know 3 hardcore fans who have all the editions released on earth. And well, even tho I'm not a horror fan, I really love this franchise.

Can you share who are they? I would love to challenge the extent of their edition in terms of North American releases (exception of Laserdiscs and VHS that is)

Folks, this is a 'wishlist' forum. There are no guarantees that any of these movies will ever be released in Steelbooks. However, you are free to post any 'wants', as there are people interested in seeing where specific interest lies, and it's a great way for you to share and discuss your tastes with fellow members. Have fun! :scat:

But one has to take note legality wise to what extent. And I highly doubt if competing media distributors will work together for it.

It's not a closed market. They don't have to work with other distributors to release a limited edition blu-ray. It's a competitive market. From the studio yes but not other distributors. Legality plays a role in it but only with the studios.

Hey Rasp-not familiar with the series-sorry! I added 3. If any of you wish to change your vote, just send me a PM if you can't vote again.

It's not a closed market. They don't have to work with other distributors to release a limited edition blu-ray. It's a competitive market. From the studio yes but not other distributors. Legality plays a role in it but only with the studios.

I disagree especially given that - Evil Dead will nevverrr evverrr be in Trilogy format here in North America.

I guess probably thats why you just had it limited to Evil Dead 1 & 2 in the first place? but it seems with the present distribution - Lions Gate acquired the rights for Evil Dead 2.

-----------

Some of my Evil Deads :p

ed_ALL3.jpg

DSC05389.jpg

Last edited:
I disagree especially given that - Evil Dead will nevverrr evverrr be in Trilogy format here in North America.

I guess probably thats why you just had it limited to Evil Dead 1 & 2 in the first place? but it seems with the present distribution - Lions Gate acquired the rights for Evil Dead 2.

-----------

Some of my Evil Deads :p

ed_ALL3.jpg

DSC05389.jpg

Nice collection. :scat:

;) I would be fine with either R1 or R2 -

Given that Evil Dead series is famous being the pioneer of multiple variants in media packaging!

Status
Not open for further replies.