The Exorcist (1973) - 50th Anniversary (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Deluxe Edition) (Amazon Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: October 23, 2023
Purchase link: Amazon UK
Price: £70.00
Notes: Includes BFI Films Classic Book - The edition is housed in unique, leather-grain slipcase and clamshell packaging

81lB3N2zZxL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

81Vo5becIrL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 81j4Bx8i3zL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 71dfIuRNVAL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 71Vxc+GaCuL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

71RlELXf5rL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 81gxyElElcL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 71joOoMyQoL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That seems to always happen to me if I order from amazon Fr.

I use my revolut so I thought that was the issue. They charge me, then for a week it sits in limbo waiting to dispatch and then I get a refund and then they take the payment again straight after. Happened last with the drive steel. Very odd

Yeah, its just the time window until they finally charge you is expired so you get the payment back. More weird is the amount I got charged, looks like its without a VAT or something, weird.

Reactions: Flloydo
Mine has still not been dispatched and still no payment taken yet.
the guy i chat with the day before yesterday said I will definitely get dispatched and arrive when it’s due it’s due to arrive 4th to 8th November and I live other side of world lol.
He said personally he would get them to dispatch asap yet I’m still waiting.
I hope they still have current stocks held for people and not planning to send out opened used and rejected copies.

Just curious once your order is placed can the payment method be changed as I see no option on my mobile I rather not play around with the card payment method if it may affect my copy.

There still seems to be few out there who are waiting and it just seems a mess of who get when or who.

Contacted them again as it was a few days and now they say item is out of stock surprise surprise.
I said it was not when I ordered.
They said they are trying to sorce more stock with their supplier and will try and dispatch as soon as they can.
Either they have or they don’t im glad I don’t buy as much from these clowns as I used to.
If it’s not the crap packing they do it’s messing around with your orders.

I will leave the order up but i really can’t see it happening not after all this time if I do then i expect them to send me a return from a previous customer and I know what they can do with that.

The most hilariously janky release in the last 5 years?
Sadly, probably not. Still. It's one of the bestest, funniest, hands up "you got me!", bend over & take my money releases in a while.

The most hilariously janky release in the last 5 years?
Sadly, probably not. Still. It's one of the bestest, funniest, hands up "you got me!", bend over & take my money releases in a while.
I’m actually surprised people who were still waiting on dispatch for this are still eager for it even knowing how poor it is and the issues. When you had the better Regan slip still available when all these issues with this version were known and the Regan version cost less. I don’t get it.

This is a rubbish edition unfortunately and the guys waiting could of saved their money. Also out of the copies I had, the steelbook that came with this version was loosely rattling around inside and was the one steelbook full of scratches. Just an FYI

Reactions: samdavies
Do we still have members on here from overseas waiting on this my account still says delivered by 4th to 8th nov lol.
Either they have some stock somewhere or they don’t.
One customer services rep said will activate a ticket to get this out asap another rep says it’s out of stock.
So why don’t they just cancel it.

It seems it was random who got it sent or not some from not day one pre orders etc
I was about 3 weeks ago or so when I placed mine.
But it annoys me that Amazon even lets people buy x6.
Yes I know some of you did not like it or returned due to the glue thing etc.

But if they do eventually send one which is not looking like they will and it’s a return they can take it back as I have no interest in a return.

I be as well forget about this edition now surely by now all orders would have been dispatched.
I remember this with a Halloween ultimate set years back was orders and never being send and it never was they canceled on me, and back then all other places was sold out. I’m ever was able to get that set as prices was a joke.
I have the steel of this and the other ultimate edition but would have been nice to have gotten this as well.

Do we still have members on here from overseas waiting on this my account still says delivered by 4th to 8th nov lol.
Either they have some stock somewhere or they don’t.
One customer services rep said will activate a ticket to get this out asap another rep says it’s out of stock.
So why don’t they just cancel it.

It seems it was random who got it sent or not some from not day one pre orders etc
I was about 3 weeks ago or so when I placed mine.
But it annoys me that Amazon even lets people buy x6.
Yes I know some of you did not like it or returned due to the glue thing etc.

But if they do eventually send one which is not looking like they will and it’s a return they can take it back as I have no interest in a return.

I be as well forget about this edition now surely by now all orders would have been dispatched.
I remember this with a Halloween ultimate set years back was orders and never being send and it never was they canceled on me, and back then all other places was sold out. I’m ever was able to get that set as prices was a joke.
I have the steel of this and the other ultimate edition but would have been nice to have gotten this as well.
My order (placed July 24th) shipped this morning, so there is still hope....

My order for this and the ultimate edition shipped a week ago for delivery to the USA from Amazon U.K....checked tracking and it made it to London and now says undeliverable and to expect a refund! Total FU**-UP! I ordered the ultimate from elsewhere and received it a few days ago. Have Violent Night collector's edition on order and not been shipped yet...Amazon will probably screw that up as well!

• Wow
Reactions: ariba266
Anyone watched the Director’s Cut 4k disc? I decided to watch it last night and I may have a faulty disc to add to the woes. On several occasions it pixelated and froze. Checked other 4k discs and they were fine, so I know it’s not the player. I think this set has been jinxed right from the start …………….

Anyone watched the Director’s Cut 4k disc? I decided to watch it last night and I may have a faulty disc to add to the woes. On several occasions it pixelated and froze. Checked other 4k discs and they were fine, so I know it’s not the player. I think this set has been jinxed right from the start …………….
I watched this disc and didn't notice any issues

• Thanks
Reactions: spookz
I not had any playback issues with the discs

Note
4K UHD discs all new releases I always give a clean before first use with a micro fiber cloth
New UHD discs often have a residue that's on the discs that most won't see when inspecting a disc visually and can look clean to the eye
The residue can cause audio or video issues such as audio drop outs ot video to get pixelated or freeze it can vary with some UHD players some get affected worse than others
Panasonic UHD players are often more affected by the residue that's on new UHD discs releases from Warner/Universal/Disney but does happen with other brands of UHD players sometimes

Try giving the disc a clean from center to edge with a dry micro fiber cloth it fixes most times these issues