The Hateful Eight (Blu-ray SteelBook) [Sweden]

raspor

Premium Supporter
Dec 2, 2011
Oxie, Sweden
Release date: TBA, 2016
Purchase link: discshop.se,CdOn.com , Discshop.fi (ships only within Finland)
Price: 249 :- skr
Subs: swedish, danish, finish & norwegian
cover art subject to change

hateful_eight_ltd_steelbook_blu_ray_2_disc.jpg

Last edited:
Indeed that is what the item "title" is.

However, the "info" tab at Discshops says that the number of discs is "1", and CDON have removed the "number of discs" entry completely (was 2 when the item was first listed - or am I just dreaming this part? Could be that I then just went with the title).

Another fine mess, where facts will be known only when we have the product at hand :(

now I see what you mean.thanks ! hmmm.... not good.

Both CDON.se and .fi still says (2-disc) in the title and they practically never specify the number of discs in the info tab
Discshop.se also have (2-disc) in the title still, even in the info tab. Only seems to be that the finnish dischop site has 1-disc in the infotab, and that is probably wrong.
Guaranteed it a 2-disc.

Both CDON.se and .fi still says (2-disc) in the title and they practically never specify the number of discs in the info tab
Discshop.se also have (2-disc) in the title still, even in the info tab. Only seems to be that the finnish dischop site has 1-disc in the infotab, and that is probably wrong.
All of that is true.

CDON Norway and Denmark also have the "(2 disc)" qualifier in the item title, so the majority of online shops definitely seems to agree on the second disc :)

Planning to visit the local Kodin1 shop tomorrow, as they advertise availability on the 4th.

Reactions: augustus
Another fine mess, where facts will be known only when we have the product at hand :(

@Ranavalone @nefilim @dLux

Yes, definitely getting a feeling of deja vu.

Hopefully, it should be possible to confirm from the already available Amaray, the artwork of which still states it to be a 2 Blu-ray disc release. If this proves correct, I'm intrigued at what the extra content on the second disc will be.

In any event, my thanks to the three of you. I'm sure we'll get a definitive answer soon.

Reactions: Ranavalone

Hopefully, it should be possible to confirm from the already available Amaray, the artwork of which still states it to be a 2 Blu-ray disc release. If this proves correct, I'm intrigued at what the extra content on the second disc will be.

In any event, my thanks to the three of you. I'm sure we'll get a definitive answer soon.

could it be 'just' dvd version of the film ?

@augustus @nefilim

I think Scandinavian Blu-ray / DVD combos are mostly a thing of the past. I had to go back to early 2014 release to find one in my own collection (not that this qualifies for any kind of scientific research :))

We still seem to get Blu-ray 3D / Blu-ray / DVD combos for some animated features, e.g. Epic, Turbo, where having an extra DVD for the kids may make some sense.

I just can't figure out what could be on that elusive extra disk of this release. The publicly available information on The Hateful Eight special features doesn't amount to much.

P.S. While I took a look at the Discshop.fi site to see if they have any recent Blu-ray / DVD combo releases (they don't), I noticed that they are now selling a few recent Criterion Collection Blu-ray releases at a very reasonable price of 24.95 EUR :) Kimmo, that may be of some interest to you :LOL: (but of course this may be old news).

Bluray/DVD combo with only the movie, that i cannot remember when that was lately. Only release coming close is Jurrasic World? But that dvd was a bonus disc and not the feature film.
No idea what the second disc would contain either if the other releases are sparse with extra content.

Ahh, second disc is probably "Tarantino The Greatest Filmmaker since the Introduction of Celluloid" - a collection of his interviews letting the world know what a ridiculously puffed-up ego he has . . . . :naughty::sleep::angel::)

Well, that's pretty much a let-down on all fronts :censored:

Scandisk don't seem to have a clue on what makes a decent steelbook, let alone a good one (n)

Takes me back to the days of their DVD steelbooks with printed backs :sick:

@Halvari :LOL:

I can see the logic here; from Danish release's Danish rating symbol to Scandinavian release's four rating symbols (or just three, I think). We absolutely need to have them on the metal.

Well, not really. No. No way. But there they are :ugh:

Thanks for the pics :thumbs: Have you had a chance to look at the contents of the bonus disk?

@nefilim Yeah, skip this. This is probably my top 1 steel from the bottom. I don't know if Kimchidvd/The Blu Collection is going to release this as a SteelBook. If thats the case, I would go for that one!
@Ranavalone I'll probably watch the movie in the weekend. I think the contents is in the 2nd pic in my first post (but I can confirm later).