The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Amazon Excl. Extended Edition with Statue) [USA]

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
RELEASE DATE: Nov. 12th, 2013
PRICE: $59.99 (2D) / $69.99 (3D)
ORDER:
2D Version
3D Version

2D
image.jpg

3D
View attachment 43100

BETTER PICTURE OF THE STATUE/PACKAGING:

5 Disc BD: BD 1: 3D Ext Edition Feature + NZ Trailer BD 2: 3D Ext Edition Feature BD 3: 2D Ext Edition Feature + Filmmaker’s Commentary BD 4: • “The Appendices Part 7 – A Long Expected Journey: The Chronicles of The Hobbit – Part 1” • “The Appendices Part 8 - Return to Middle-Earth: Creating the World of The Hobbit” UV Copy of Ext Edition. “Riddles in the Dark” was sculpted by Gary Hunt from Weta Workshop. Gary is part of the wider Weta team who worked on the film. The figurine is approximately 2.07 lbs. Size: 8” wide, 5.25” deep and 7” tall. The outer giftset box is illustrated by the film’s concept artists Alan Lee and John Howe.

ORIGINAL POST:
According to OneRing.net, the home of all Lord of the Rings news and fanfare, the Extended Edition will finally arrive on November 12th and that the 3D version will include seven discs; four Blu-rays, three DVDs. It also sounds like WETA will be involved in some way or form, so there's an excellent chance that we'll receive a cool Collector's Edition like the old LotR Extended Edition DVD sets. I'll update this post/thread as more information is revealed. :thumbs:

EDIT: Thanks to BarnDoor for mentioning that Peter Jackson has stated that the Extended Cut will run an extra 20-25 minutes in length.

Last edited by a moderator:
I get mine too, yeahh!
I am very pleased with the figure, and yes is not so big, but is very fine sculpted in my opinion.

Reactions: MRD
Custom charges for items from US to UK

Anyway, I don´t know how it works for the UK but when we purchase something from Amazon USA to Spain with the cheapest shipping method, the package goes first to Germany and then to Spain (the package comes with a sticker from the German postal service).

And we think that Amazon USA sends first the shippments to its German branch and from Germany they distribute the shippments.

I know it might sound crazy.

When you purchase something from Amazon US to the UK, what shipping method do you use? The cheapest one? And does it come with a sticker from the German postal service? Or does it come directly from the US?

I´m just curious to see how Amazon works.
This makes sense now as I buy from Amazon.com a lot but hardly ever get stung with custom charges or £8 standard charge from Royal Mail for items being shipped to UK because there going through Euro hubs like Germany. NICE ONE! :thumbs:
---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

Here is my review of the statue and Blu-ray. I also show the previous statues. I think it's a good size I certainly would not call it small.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlCIRliNr6s

Yes I ordered 2 and mine arrived a month earlier from ETA date? Thought it was well worth the £45 for one + £4.77 for shipping 2x boxsets, also disapointed with the emery plastic case inside the hard slip case.

Name plate on statue base - yes mines was marked as well?

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

Yes the statue isn't big but its nicely detailed, a nice size for a shelf and nicely proportioned, just like Kile Manogue "all good things in small packages".

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure how long this has been on offer but I just bought the 2d version for $49.99 on Amazon.

Shipped via Global Expedited should have it next week with customs pre-payed and all for £45 :D Good deal.