The Hobbit : An Unexpected Journey (Extended Edition) (Blu-ray Slipbox + Cards) [Japan]

Aug 25, 2011
Hong Kong
Release date: November 13, 2013
Purchase link: Amazon.co.jp
Price: ¥ 5,799 ($60 US)
Notes: 5 discs, comes with a 64 pages booklet (The World of Hobbits) and a Gollum card.

Part of The Hobbit Trilogy collection from Amazon.co.jp
Unexpected Journey | Desolation of Smaug | Battle of the Five Armies

01.jpg 02.jpg
71-IPcbfzTL._AA1000_.jpg

71WXcyiOqDL._AA1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know what kind of case will be inside this slipbox?

I'm wondering if I can take my US Viva Case and put it in this slipbox. Or will it have different dimensions than the US slipbox? Thanks in advance.

Nice pics, but DHL screwed up my delivery scheduled for today and delivered it to some other random address. :angry:

Damn, just bought the 5disc lenticular box from Amazon.co.uk., thinking the mockup art for this wasn't gonna be... This would have looked much nicer along with my DVD sets. Oh well, luckily I only paid €24 incl shipping for the lenticular so I can somewhat temper my double-dip urge !

you're pics sold me Drum18, went ahead and ordered one :thumbs:

Pretty cool that the steelbook fits so nicely in that sleeve haha
Marc, I am sold too, when you say the steelie fits inside!
Damn... I should ask Amazon.co.jp to reward me for doing their marketing! :hilarious:

It's an awesome set and I truly hope they'll continue the trilogy with this design... :ohno:

Reactions: NazguL66
Re: Hobbit Extended Edition

For comparative purposes, my UK Edition Steelbook arrived yesterday.

5 disc. Extended 3D version spread over 2 discs

Extended Blu on disc 3 w Filmmakers commentary and a doc about New Zealand 'Home of Middle Earth'

Disc 4: The Appendices Part 7 - A Long Expected Journey

Disc 5: The Appendices Part 8 - Return to Middle Earth

All the junk is on the J-card and a sticker on the outer wrapper.

Don't know if there's a booklet - still unopened, but it's a deep steelbook, so there may well be one.

At the price I can't possibly say I'm disappointed :)