The Hobbit : The Battle of the Five Armies (Extended Edition) (Blu-ray Slipbox + Cards) [Japan]

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
Release date: November 25, 2015
Purchase link: Amazon.co.jp or HMV.co.jp
Price: ¥ 5,963 ($50 US)
Notes: 5 discs, and collectibles cards.

Part of The Hobbit Trilogy collection from Amazon.co.jp
Unexpected Journey | Desolation of Smaug | Battle of the Five Armies

01.jpg 02.jpg
A1qT43D4gDL._SL1500_.jpg

91mOmzCPohL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
i'm curious to see how they have glued up the j-card to the slip cover. I bought the Aussie edition today and guess what??? The have used sticky tape so I couldn't manage to remove the j-card without damaging the front and the top of slip cover. I will swap for another one in store tomorrow but I'm not optimistic that will be any better.

@rodtp, fortunately the Japanese editions don't actually have the j-card stuck to them (unless they changed it for this one....haven't opened mine yet!). For the releases of the other films, the j-card is wider than the box and the edges are folded round into the slipbox itself to hold it in place. Hope that description makes sense! I'll try and get some pics up for you at some point so you can see what I mean.

Reactions: rodtp
@rodtp, fortunately the Japanese editions don't actually have the j-card stuck to them (unless they changed it for this one....haven't opened mine yet!). For the releases of the other films, the j-card is wider than the box and the edges are folded round into the slipbox itself to hold it in place. Hope that description makes sense! I'll try and get some pics up for you at some point so you can see what I mean.

It does make sense mate, thanks for the tag. Japan releases are way nicer and well designed than the Aussie ones.

I have swapped mine today ... and me and the guy at the shop managed to remove the j-card without damaging the slip cover. Phew!!!

All 3 editions look awesome together, got some pics below!!! I'm sure you will enjoy yours :thumbs:

IMG_2151_zps0ubwwgkw.jpg

IMG_2152_zps4jwhk3cy.jpg

IMG_2153_zpsk6z8yp5l.jpg

I know this post is 3 years old already, but does anyone know where I can find these versions (Mainly the LOTR Trilogy)? I've been scouring the internet and I don't see them anywhere!