carllenc

Premium Supporter
Oct 22, 2011
Czech Republic
Release date: April 11, 2016
Purchase link: Film Arena
Price: 699 CZK (26,56 €)
Notes: Limited 500 numbered copies - WEA Fullslip
Group buy: hosted by carllenc - Tuesday March 8 at 7 PM (UK time). TIMEZONE CONVERTER

Special limited suprise for FAC collectors.
Very limited edition for core fans of FAC.
Filmarena feat. Carl Lenc

TLS_BS.jpg

TLS.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This has made the collector in me very happy. I wasn't on the list for seventh son and I will probably pay eBay prices for that. Name and shame them all. Do the Martian next lol. There are a few on eBay for stupid prices
Stupid just ain't covering it :(
Sorry I have to say this, but even on steelbook collector forums like here people dare to ask scavenger prices....

• Thanks
Reactions: CyberT
I'll get this in now as my eBay inbox is blowing up with some very unsavoury messages which will be reported I wrote this in the group buy thread and I'll paste it here

before you all start slagging me off I'm leaving steelbook collecting and selling ALL my collection as I have just had my second child (yesterday) so priorities have changed this decision was made way after I had entered the last stand GB, sabotage was paid on the 22nd 1 day late yes I apologise and just to honour my outstanding commitments you will see i haven't entered any more group buys since and didn't intend too
like I say I'm selling all my steel books and list them at 99p no reserve to let the collectors pay what they feel fit with all the money going towards taking my 2 sons to Disney land Paris next year something I otherwise wouldn't of afforded to do for them so do I feel guilty no, shame you did this before speaking to me I knew it was coming but at least now you know the reason rather than branding me a scalper anyone who knows me will no I've always sold steels at a very reasonable price usually cost or below

"appreciate that a very mature response unlike the disgusting and offensive messages I'm now getting to my eBay account
like I said this has taken a hell of a lot of thought and in the end I made the sensible decision to do best by my kids I spend a lot on group buys I'm not exactly well off and thought the monthly spend would be best spent on toys etc and not myself, this is a 4 year collection including about 22 blufans and numerous Kimchi and novas I can't just hang on to the last stand to appease people they are all going
any way maybe I should of contacted them before and I apologise for not doing so just had a lot on my mind of late with my new arrival
thanks again for your kind words scary hair"

I also find it funny that you only need to take a 5 min look on your very own hdn sales page to see the amount of in-house scalping going on why are these people not being hung drawn and quartered in all my years collecting I've never bought one film for the sole purpose of selling on
anyway I'm done explaining myself I won't be around much anymore anyway so judge away

EXACT Copy of my message in the other thread

First and foremost hope Mum and Baby are safe and well , and the older one is enjoying his sibling :drool: . Loads of fights to look forward to as they grow :banghead: :thumbs: .

FA caused a lot of this situation by making this and now Seventh Son so limited now they are popular especially the erlier titles :dunno: .

Hindsight is a fantastic thing maybe if you'd have contacted Karel and Martin first some heartache and bad feeling would have been saved :giggle:Ricardo I don't know:sorry: .

Maybe some good will come of it as with you taking the disision to Sell a way of transferring or notifing of ownership change could come about :shy: .
We as family members never know what good nor bad is a round the corner .
Hell 2 to 5 years I could be looking at 2 sets of university fees and 2 cars . A* for a car Maths , English , Science .

Also then maybe Banned from all further GB's will make it easier on your wallet :) .

Also coming and saying why you could have left it and took whatever flack wrong or right what is done is done . Love to you and your family Ann .

Reactions: Ricardo13
I do think there was no need to publicly shame - I know Ricardo had a tough decision to leave steelbook collecting as his kids come first - rare thing to happen these days-

If people want to pay way more than GB prices for some stuff then that's on them not the seller. I know I wouldn't say no no please take it for £50 if someone was wanting to pay more.

Anyone of us could come into the situation where we need to make a choice of family (food,bills whatever) or steelbooks, and no one should ever be made to feel bad for that. As people say the HDN selling boards are also full of people selling for profit. This isn't the atmosphere I got from HDN when I joined and it's a shame to see

The bottom line is, there is to many eBay slappers on here anyway just trying to make some extra dosh. When you buy something its yours and you can do what the hell you like with it, but i think it is very disrespectful to Karl and Martin as they have a hard enough time trying to sort out the group buys without having to mask as Sherlock Holmes and more than likely getting it in the neck from FA.

Last edited:
I think Karl and Martin are taking the right steps. Ricardo is an exception and he was able to clear his name by explaining why he has to sell. However, there are others out there that are truly scalpers, only looking to profit at the expense of not allowing other collectors the opportunity to secure some of these limited premiums... Taking these steps, of putting people on the spotlight, will dissuade scalpers from taking that chance. All enthusiasts/collectors should not have any sympathy for scalpers.

I think Karl and Martin are taking the right steps. Ricardo is an exception and he was able to clear his name by explaining why he has to sell. However, there are others out there that are truly scalpers, only looking to profit at the expense of not allowing other collectors the opportunity to secure some of these limited premiums... Taking these steps, of putting people on the spotlight, will dissuade scalpers from taking that chance. All enthusiasts/collectors should not have any sympathy for scalpers.

fully agree I despise people buying direct to instantly sell on most using it as a means of income and it needs cracking down on hopefully me being made an example of will help
even though I am leaving the steel book community I have made friends here and will use other parts of the forum so didn't want to have my name dragged through the mud without the other side of the story

Attachments

• 20160526_110717.jpg
    20160526_110717.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 172
Congrats at your new family member, that's a very nice picture and wish you and your family all the best.
I just think you have gone about things the wrong way, as a HD member, you should of realized that members on here take collecting very serious and there was going to be a backlash.
I think you shouldn't worry about it and just enjoy your family time. :thumbs:

fully agree I despise people buying direct to instantly sell on most using it as a means of income and it needs cracking down on hopefully me being made an example of will help
even though I am leaving the steel book community I have made friends here and will use other parts of the forum so didn't want to have my name dragged through the mud without the other side of the story

BEAUTIFUL AND PRICELESS Enjoy em flower :kiss: :kiss: .

Reactions: Ricardo13

First of all Ricardo - congratulations on your new arrival - I wish the best for you and your family. No better feeling than being a parent.

In respect of the steelbook sale situation, you are entitled to sell YOUR property as you see fit. I am sure you will have seen the rules imposed by FA and took this into account when placing your item up for sale.

That is your right and if you do not intend to collect anymore then I see your reasons for putting the item up for sale.

With it being put on as an auction, if those people wish to pay stupid money a steelbook, more fool them.

If I were put in a position of putting food on the table or not selling my FA steelbook, then I would choose the former.

One consideration of mine would have been to sell it back to FA at cost, but like I said, if I was getting out of collecting and needed the money, I can see why putting it on an auction would appeal.

What I think needed further consideration was the GB host coming out with the "name and shame" it does not help the situation and I am sure any information shared on the forum could have been as effective in a private message.

It resulted in a lot of negativity coming your way, on here and on eBay. That was always going to be that reaction and does not help matters.

I appreciate FA want to make examples of people, but remaining professional should also be an objective.

I do see what they are trying to achieve and for the most part, I agree with them. I just think the business and personal aspect got a little to close to one another today, which made uncomfortable reading.

As mentioned at the start of my message,I wish you all the best for you and your family.

Beautiful picture ;)
Congrats!

The price ? :cautious:Or that it is listed ? :dunno: .

The fact is people might not have obtained copys from a GB and be willing to risk a ban from all, other future FA relises .

That's thire choice :stop: .

I still think that it is ludicrous that FA may hold Karel or any other outlet accoutable IF someone decides to sell or trade at some point :banghead: .

Fact of life things crop up and intrests hobbies can change :( .

Personally, I disapprove of the politics of Filmarena to limit editions to very small quantities. Example: if an edition is limited in 750ex, only collectible numbers situated between 0 and 750 can buy it and the others can only join waiting list. Those who are not lucky to provide to buy it will have no other choice than to turn to eBay. I consider that Filmarena encourages indirectly this practice. When Novamedia opens its sales, some manage to buy, others not, but everyone had a chance.

I also find it funny that you only need to take a 5 min look on your very own hdn sales page to see the amount of in-house scalping going on why are these people not being hung drawn and quartered in all my years collecting I've never bought one film for the sole purpose of selling on
anyway I'm done explaining myself I won't be around much anymore anyway so judge away

Because mate, some of them are close friends with the hierachy here; and some of them host Gbs as well; but that's just fine and dandy because we are now officially not allowed to post our feelings, dissent, or criticism of people, attitudes, releases et al . I refer you to digitalbabe's post/thinly veiled threat against @Basil and I.
Even posting in public an abusive Pm sent to one from a self-admitted scalper and GB host, is classed as a personal attack on another member, and warrants a temporary thread ban!!
I know, it happened to me.