Slipcover The Lobster (Blu-ray Slipcover) (The Blu Collection) [Korea]

sminister

Premium Supporter
Apr 17, 2013
Release date: October 27, 2016
Purchase links: KimchiDVD (Full Slip) - KimchiDVD (Lenticular)
Price: $30.99
Note: Full Slip limited to 900 copies, Lenticular limited to 1100 copies

Full Slip | Lenticular
1.jpeg 2.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting! Had my eye on the French steelbook for a while and keep coming close to ordering... just waiting for a price drop. Not sure it's a title I want to double dip on though, so hopefully Blu Collection reveal more info soon.

• Thanks
Reactions: sminister
I ordered the French Steelbook. I was thinking perhaps Plain Archive might do this, which probably could have got me to double dip. The Blu Collection...maybe. But the French steel is great.

Silly question: can someone post the link to The Blu Collection's Facebook page? I can never find it!!

Oh excellent, I've been holding off the French steel just in case an Asian full treatment appeared. Hope they show something soon!

• Thanks
Reactions: sminister
image.png
Info from their Facebook page. Looks like an August release. And doesn't look like a steelbook for Lobster. Maybe @teddyjun could give us a hand on translating? Please? ;):happy:

View attachment 241295
Info from their Facebook page. Looks like an August release. And doesn't look like a steelbook for Lobster. Maybe @teddyjun could give us a hand on translating? Please? ;):happy:
Google translate:
The Blue peuriohdeo schedule
June
1. Let beauty Steel Book
2. paeteureyibeo 1,2,3
In July
1. Spotlight Steel Book
2. Heights Pool 8 Steel Book
3. 1,2 Parasyte
August
1. The Lobster
2. Room
3. sidalso Second Edition

I think one of those was supposed to translate to Hateful 8.

Google translate:
The Blue peuriohdeo schedule
June
1. Let beauty Steel Book
2. paeteureyibeo 1,2,3
In July
1. Spotlight Steel Book
2. Heights Pool 8 Steel Book
3. 1,2 Parasyte
August
1. The Lobster
2. Room
3. sidalso Second Edition

I think one of those was supposed to translate to Hateful 8.
Wait! They're releasing the Parasyte movies? :wow:
I hope they're good. Haven't seem them yet...

Chances are that #1 "Let Beauty" is actually "Let the right one in". And it seems that in June they will release also the "Patlabor" film trilogy.

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: C.C. 95
Looks goofy. The trailers are....odd.
View attachment 241299 View attachment 241300

No. My experience with anime does not extend beyond AKIRA and GHOST IN THE SHELL...:LOL:
(I just never liked the style of Japanese animation. I am more of a Tex Avery, Bob Clampett, Friz Freleng kind of a guy:rofl:)

Personally, I wouldn't bother with the movies. They're very weak, especially the first one. I haven't seen the anime, but I've been told it's quite good. The original comic on the other hand is totally ace though. I highly recommend it if you like monsters/transformation. It's like an 80s Japanese version of Invasion of the Body Snatchers, but with more violence. The violence isn't gratuitous though and it's done in a very matter of fact and darkly humorous kind of way.
10749362._SY540_.jpg

Personally, I wouldn't bother with the movies. They're very weak, especially the first one. I haven't seen the anime, but I've been told it's quite good. The original comic on the other hand is totally ace though. I highly recommend it if you like monsters/transformation. It's like an 80s Japanese version of Invasion of the Body Snatchers, but with more violence. The violence isn't gratuitous though and it's done in a very matter of fact and darkly humorous kind of way.
View attachment 241455
I assume (based on your picture) that they did an English language version of the comic then?