The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #100) [China]

Jan 30, 2013
FFO, Germany
Release date: July, 2024 (TBC)
Group buy: TBA

1716068148072.png

1716068192622.png

1716068218091.png

Last edited by a moderator:
HDZ steels are way better than these from Blufans and even they ain't great

Bring it on Blufans fanboys :naughty:

bulletproof machine gun GIF by Warner Archive
I can’t work out who has the worst two towers art. Zetas might be a little better with the TT steel there tbh.

But isn’t fellowship the same as theirs?
At least return is completely different. Tbh both zetas and blufans return look good. Blufans more epic with the Gandalf shot, zeta more harrowing with the eye

Slip wise as long as they use the official posters like zeta did then they will be quite equal surely?
Most likely the single posters of Frodo on the SL for fellowship, Gandalf for TT and Aragorn On return

Full slips I’m hoping to see concept artworks like the back of the zetas DLs

If they do that I’ll OC them

Reactions: hatredhorror
I can’t work out who has the worst two towers art. Zetas might be a little better with the TT steel there tbh.

At least return is completely different. Tbh both zetas and blufans return look good. Blufans more epic, zeta more harrowing

Slip wise as long as the use the official posters like zeta did then they will be quite equal surely?
Most likely the single posters of Frodo on the SL for fellowship, Gandalf for TT and Aragorn On return

yeah theyll end up being way too similar in the end, which is quite frustrating.. prefer the steels of zeta slightly(mainly because of rotr)

fellowship+king hdzeta lentis will be hard to beat with both front and back being really nice... the original poster art two tower doesnt super good as a lenti imo, so maybe blufans can deliver a nicer fs or lenti

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo

At least return is completely different. Tbh both zetas and blufans return look good. Blufans more epic with the Gandalf shot, zeta more harrowing with the eye

Slip wise as long as the use the official posters like zeta did then they will be quite equal surely?

Yeah, very similar TTT, but hdz's slightly edges it for me. FOTR front is the same on both, just a different colour grade & crop.

I think you're probably on the money with the slips. Likely poster art on the DL. Character posters and stills on the SL, and hopefully concept or artistic renditions on the FS'.

I'm hoping for good FS', on the other hand, I hope not, so I don't need to bother buying OCs and splitting them up just for them.

Reactions: Flloydo
Steelbooks are meeeeh. Expected more from BF.
Curious to see OC design, but so far HDZ is definitely equal at least from steelbook point of view.

The placement of the titles on the three steels makes me think of a screensaver.

Animated GIF

Why not put the Fellowship title in the center? Why change the title treatment to more vertical than the landscape orientation it's always been? Why is the second "THE" in ROTK not in small caps? Why not have the ring on the PET slips outline the titles, instead of (in the case of FOTR) a completely random part of the image? The design choices here . . . :facepalm:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: hatredhorror
Haven't you? That's mad. ROTK extended is transformative!
It’s been a long time since I’ve seen the theatrical releases, but my recollection is that Fellowship was the one that improved the most. For that one, I walked out feeling a bit cold about it, and then when i saw the EE, I completely changed my mind.

For RotK, I only remember that ending went on forever (and yes I know the books do that as well), but I don;t recall how the EE changed it.
What I want to do one of these days is turn each EE into a single file that flows seamlessly, but that’ll take some work, since I’ve never done anything like that before.