The Mechanic (Blu-ray Steelbook Futureshop Exclusive) [Canada]

I am very curious to know why the interest level in this steelbook ? Is this one of those where the steelbook itself is very nice so everyone wants it?

Because I thought the movie was just okay but no doubt the steelbook is a beauty.

The interest level primary comes because the art and title are an exclusive to Futureshop. Regardless of art, or film, some collectors will still want it because of those reasons. It's been a while since Futureshop (or for that matter, other retailers) have had a true 'Exclusive' no one else has.

Reactions: Jason Bourne
The steelbook looks great in person but I have to agree with you guys that the movie is just plain. I'm a Staham fan and I think that the secondary character in that movie was just dull and boring which cause the movie to be that ordinary.

Reactions: Jason Bourne
does the inside artwork not go onto the inside spine?

looking at a pic a few pages back it doesn't look it.

It appears you are correct.

the-mechanic-br-steelbook-inside-1.jpg

Reactions: Lleyton
The interest level primary comes because the art and title are an exclusive to Futureshop. Regardless of art, or film, some collectors will still want it because of those reasons. It's been a while since Futureshop (or for that matter, other retailers) have had a true 'Exclusive' no one else has.

I am also looking to add this to my collection, mostly for artwork!
I still have not seen the movie...

^^^ I mean I figured as much. Because I know a lot of people have been requesting/hunting this steel book down and I didn't quite understand why. I only buy steelies for movies I love so I didn't even pay attention to this one.

A Future Shop about an hour away from me has like 10 copies in store just sitting their, lol.

The steelbook looks great in person but I have to agree with you guys that the movie is just plain. I'm a Staham fan and I think that the secondary character in that movie was just dull and boring which cause the movie to be that ordinary.

^^^ Exactly... the movie was just a one time watch for myself.