Feb 23, 2014
CGN|GER
Release date: May 18, 2017
Purchase links: Amazon DE - Media Markt
Price: €29.99

Die-Mumie-Trilogie---Steelbook-[Blu-ray].png

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Lionet
Can't fault the idea that they were going for. I like how they are going with a replica of the Book of the Dead from the film itself.
I think I would have preferred that they kept the lock with title to the right, off center and included the section of Egyptian text to the left like on the movie prop.

book_of_the_dead.jpg

No em/debossing of the German Versions-foreign Version yes-Germany no (n) - according to UPHE
Negan to Universal: you bunch of p*ssies
why not using the original titles and just write the German title on the j-card like Warner did before.

Negan to Universal: you bunch of p*ssies
why not using the original titles and just write the German title on the j-card like Warner did before.

Here´s the reason,it´s in German,maybe someone can translate it

Bedauerlicherweise müssen wir Ihnen an dieser Stelle mitteilen, dass sich die Befürchtung einiger Sammler bestätigt hat und die deutschen Steelbooks nach Angaben von UPHE keine Prägung besitzen werden. Das hat aber seine Gründe und diese hat man uns nicht vorenthalten. UPHE begründet diese Entscheidung folgendermaßen: „Grund hierfür ist, dass die Übersetzung des Titelschriftzugs ins Deutsche bei der Produktion des Steelbooks eine eigene, deutsche Version erfordert. Aufgrund der geringen, limitierten Auflage verzichten wir in solchen Fällen auf Prägungen und sämtliche 'Veredelungen', um die Produkte für jeden erschwinglich zu halten“. Abschließend heißt es im offiziellen Statement: „Wir sind uns sicher, im Sinne der meisten Fans zu handeln, die auf Steelbooks auch in Zukunft nicht verzichten möchten“. (pf)

Bedauerlicherweise müssen wir Ihnen an dieser Stelle mitteilen, dass sich die Befürchtung einiger Sammler bestätigt hat und die deutschen Steelbooks nach Angaben von UPHE keine Prägung besitzen werden. Das hat aber seine Gründe und diese hat man uns nicht vorenthalten. UPHE begründet diese Entscheidung folgendermaßen: „Grund hierfür ist, dass die Übersetzung des Titelschriftzugs ins Deutsche bei der Produktion des Steelbooks eine eigene, deutsche Version erfordert. Aufgrund der geringen, limitierten Auflage verzichten wir in solchen Fällen auf Prägungen und sämtliche 'Veredelungen', um die Produkte für jeden erschwinglich zu halten“. Abschließend heißt es im offiziellen Statement: „Wir sind uns sicher, im Sinne der meisten Fans zu handeln, die auf Steelbooks auch in Zukunft nicht verzichten möchten“. (pf)
Going by this the title will be in German and is reason won't be embossed but that don't match the artwork showing as that is in English
A bit strange as the distributor is universal in all regions and I would have expected the steelbook be same across europe with only the jcard having language differences

• Thanks
Reactions: smileyx9

the reason is totally bullshit. Warner released embossed steelbooks with original english title in Germany, so why cant Universal do the same.

• Thanks
To be fair, its a german released steelbook so why shouldnt it have german text?

Most places in europe seem to be getting this release so im sure a UK release isnt far behind.

To be fair, its a german released steelbook so why shouldnt it have german text?

Most places in europe seem to be getting this release so im sure a UK release isnt far behind.
It´s not about german text,it´s about the german text with em/debossing-they would have to print a version just for germany and this would be ( because of the low print run) too expensive for the buyers at the end-totally bullshit(btw you Guys at Universal,FA created the WEA John Wick Steels and Box,limited to 1000 and sold it around €80,a bargain and you´re telling the collectors somethimg about a low print run? I guess around 10,000 ??? You can milk the cow but you can´t milk me:LOL::rofl::joy::p:D) IMO:jacked:(n) fail and pass:thumbs: i would rather buy any other foreign version and change the disks:p

Last edited:
No reason to buy this piece of **** then. Trash-talking, lying companies as always. I like the single steelbooks more anyway. So I'll buy them all from amazon italy.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Gotta hand it to UPHE, this reasoning is simply great. :whistle: They reprint a whole batch just to change the title and then argue it would cost too much to further emboss the title. If they would have just used the exact same steelbook with a German J-card, it would have clearly been cheaper as no reprint would have been necessary at all and the buyer would get the embossed steelbook. Oh well. :wacky:

• Thanks
Reactions: Lionet and smileyx9
Why the hell would anyone pay 30€ for this 3 movie set, when you can get the 4 movie + a bonus disc, N American release for $20?