Premium Supporter
Oct 29, 2014
Release date: October 27, 2016
Purchase link: Amazon DE
Price: €18.99

1.jpg

2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I got mine today in an A1 cardboard mailer. I haven't opened it yet but it doesn't look damaged. Anyone else get theirs shipped the same way? I'm surprised it came in an A1 mailer.

Mine came in a large cardboard mailer with a smaller cardboard mailer inside it for extra protection.

Same here. Watched it last night. Don't know what to make of it.

Not sure if I liked it or not!!!! :p
hey bud are you my twin soul? lol not just getting the same movies but watching them at the same time...what are the odds! i love the style of the movie and the music is great, its just the last 10 minutes, but def i'm glad i got the steelbook...........

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012
hey bud are you my twin soul? lol not just getting the same movies but watching them at the same time...what are the odds! i love the style of the movie and the music is great, its just the last 10 minutes, but def i'm glad i got the steelbook...........
:LOL::rofl:

I know, right? And I got it about 2 weeks ago but only got round to watching it last night!!

We must be telepathically linked or something! :p

I am a sucker for NWR's visual style also, but I'm not convinced about this movie. It's definitely his weakest so far.

• Thanks
Reactions: tono06
I just finished watching this... i mean, visually its stunning.
tumblr_o5n41fhMSY1qd6639o3_400.gif

a Cliff Martinez score is always fantastic.
the movie itself kinda goes off the rails the last 20min, in my opinion... great cameo by Keanu!!
Steelbook looks nice though!

I just finished watching this... i mean, visually its stunning.
tumblr_o5n41fhMSY1qd6639o3_400.gif

a Cliff Martinez score is always fantastic.
the movie itself kinda goes off the rails the last 20min, in my opinion... great cameo by Keanu!!
Steelbook looks nice though!

The last 20 Minutes is when the film did something that me and my friends refer to as "Going FULL REFN".
Refn seems like he himself is trying to establish himself as a filmmaker with a discernable style above anything else... which is... one way to do it.

If you're a fan of Refn's films beforehand, you were probably waiting for when the film would hit the full Refn point. Those in the audience who were not expecting it... were quite surprised.

• Thanks
Reactions: Bodhisattva
I've now seen this movie three times. Love it more every time. Decided to go region free for this release and I'm glad I did.

America got shafted with their release. We got ugly art, a 1 minute "featurette" plus a glorified ad for the soundtrack. Also a commentary.

The steelbook has the commentary plus two interviews that are about a half hour each. Amazing.

The steelbook is of course gorgeous. Kind of wish the red triangle shot on the back was blue as it would go with the front better. But thematically I suppose the red makes more sense.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
I've now seen this movie three times. Love it more every time. Decided to go region free for this release and I'm glad I did.

America got shafted with their release. We got ugly art, a 1 minute "featurette" plus a glorified ad for the soundtrack. Also a commentary.

The steelbook has the commentary plus two interviews that are about a half hour each. Amazing.

The steelbook is of course gorgeous. Kind of wish the red triangle shot on the back was blue as it would go with the front better. But thematically I suppose the red makes more sense.

Hi there!
Since you mentioned region free, can you please confirm german steelbook as being really region free? Plus, only german subtitles? No english?
Thank you.
Alex