The Official Custom Slipcovers & Slipboxes Thread

bigrob

UK Reviewer /Contributor
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 8, 2012
London UK
gonna attempt to create a hybrid Night at the Museum BD with lenticular slipcase and the missing bonus disc

going to purchase the UK BD of Night at the Museum
buy a 2 disc aramay case (14mm) and insert the bonus disc
trim the slipcase on the DVD (currently looking where abouts to trim it)
scan the pack of the slip and make some edits to the details (specs etc)
print it out at work at carefully glue it to the back

hopefully i'll have something to match part 2

Attachments

• 20120304_180358.jpg
    20120304_180358.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 1,382
Last edited by a moderator:
Jesus, that's freaking awesome!
Do you have any template or tutorial that you've been using to do them?
Thanks! :notworthy:

As for a template, I don't have one.
As for tutorials, there is a pretty great one out there for normal slipcovers, for full slips you just have to adjust the measurements a bit (as you have three spines now). :thumbs:
There is one out there for full slips especially but that's in German only (second video).

SICARIO - Custom Full Slip

Cut Out-Slip with border-crossing artwork and inside art.
:hungry::hungry:

8y38453n.jpg

edcxbdso.jpg

g8g46wxm.jpg

x2ht5ci2.jpg

3b8744md.jpg

qouxc8vs.jpg
Excellent work. If PA doesn't end up doing a slip box, I think I will ask you to create another for me. I love this art. And this is pretty much what I wanted on my slip box. If you don't shine light directly onto it, we cant even tell that it is a cut-out.

Only suggestion: it would be nice to have the title embossed. :thumbs:

Reactions: SteelCollz
Thank you! :notworthy:

Only suggestion: it would be nice to have the title embossed. :thumbs:
Haha, you wouldn't believe how much I tried to make exactly that happening. But as I worked with thin marble paper as a second layer to the high-end photo paper, it would have just looked really bad. (I actually embossed it as a test and it didn't look too good.) That's why I had to let the embossing go for once which is a bit sad as I really wanted it to be there. I tried. :thumbs:

Reactions: AlienKing
Thank you! :notworthy:

Haha, you wouldn't believe how much I tried to make exactly that happening. But as I worked with thin marble paper as a second layer to the high-end photo paper, it would have just looked really bad. (I actually embossed it as a test and it didn't look too good.) That's why I had to let the embossing go for once which is a bit sad as I really wanted it to be there. I tried. :thumbs:
Oh damn, that's unfortunate. But other than that, its perfect :)

Reactions: SteelCollz
Reactions: zesty and IRON MAN
@bloodsnake007 what @Apollon is saying is the Truth, No Nice steelbook for Insurgent, the BB and WWA(same artwork for both) were such a let down, but THIS Dutch Steelbook is DA ONE to get and does justice to a nice little piece of Artwork for this well deserved movie Sequel :oohyeah:

I ordered a copy, was so impressed about it, that I placed a 2nd Order :drool: This is a Gem of a Steelbook and if you love this series as much as I do, you need this Steel :p

here is a glimpse of it;

1 - Insurgent front w jcard 2 sideways.jpg 2 - Insurgent front embossed 2.jpg 3 - Insurgent front embossed.jpg 4 - Insurgent bck.jpg 5 - nsurgent bck 2.jpg 6 - Insurgent inside 2.jpg 7 - Insurgent j-cardn 2.jpg

@bloodsnake007 Thanks man :)

I definitely recommend getting that steelbook, it's the best steelbook version released for Insurgent. Ask @MrBMT and @Actarus :p

@bloodsnake007 what @Apollon is saying is the Truth, No Nice steelbook for Insurgent, the BB and WWA(same artwork for both) were such a let down, but THIS Dutch Steelbook is DA ONE to get and does justice to a nice little piece of Artwork for this well deserved movie Sequel :oohyeah:

I ordered a copy, was so impressed about it, that I placed a 2nd Order :drool: This is a Gem of a Steelbook and if you love this series as much as I do, you need this Steel :p

here is a glimpse of it;

View attachment 219595 View attachment 219596 View attachment 219597 View attachment 219598 View attachment 219599 View attachment 219600 View attachment 219601
Thanks @Apollon and @Actarus :thumbs: Now I'm on the HUNT for this beauty! :hungry: :woot: :notworthy:

Thanks @Apollon and @Actarus :thumbs: Now I'm on the HUNT for this beauty! :hungry: :woot: :notworthy:

if you want to order from a store, there is only one I recommend and it is the one that @Apollon had used before reason why I was less scared to order from them and they are Wonderful, top Class Customer Service so welcoming on top of that, cater to OCD customers, well packaged and carefully selected copy. Bert is da man ;)

Reactions: luke98 and IRON MAN