The Raid: Redemption (aka The Raid) (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [USA]

Aug 25, 2011
Hong Kong
Release date: January 16, 2024
Purchase links: Amazon - Best Buy
Price: $45.99 (Amazon) - $29.99 (Best Buy)

914d7zfrJcL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I own that beast too! Unless there is some set that comes with the new discs that is irresistible- I'll probably just get the amaray and swap the new disc into the existing set.

Me too. I guess it's only matter of time when...

All Raid steelbooks will be mine, I'll import if a UK release isn't announced before the US release date.
Hopefully the sequel gets a new steelbook to accompany this one as I love both movies equally (possibly prefer the second one as I saw it in the cinema and it remains the best cinema experience to date).

AUS will be getting collectors edition with new restoration. So there's high chance that BD there will be new one and not same old sh*t like in this case.

I'll just hold back for now to see what'll happen if that's true.

Thanks man for that! And agreed. Waited all these years so I can wait a little more. Excited for this though. Top film along with the sequel.

Might hold back for the AUS release if there is a chance the Blu-Ray disc could include the new restoration too, hopefully the same steelbook is in the AUS set otherwise I'll have to grab both (I'm not 4k enabled currently and want the steelbook regardless).

Might hold back for the AUS release if there is a chance the Blu-Ray disc could include the new restoration too, hopefully the same steelbook is in the AUS set otherwise I'll have to grab both (I'm not 4k enabled currently and want the steelbook regardless).
We'll have to wait and see about the AUS release, but there's nothing to say the US is remastered, so it'll very likely be the same as the previous Sony release. That disc isn't locked to region A btw, so you be at least we able to play it.

I'm sure the Umbrella CE won't have any steelbook at all. Look at their releases.

We'll have to wait and see about the AUS release, but there's nothing to say the US is remastered, so it'll very likely be the same as the previous Sony release. That disc isn't locked to region A btw, so you be at least we able to play it.
Be surprised if the US release is not the regraded version after all the song n dance on tinterweb about it.

Be surprised if the US release is not the regraded version after all the song n dance on tinterweb about it.
The 4K disc is, but not the blu-ray. There's no word on the blu-ray being anything different to the previous release, right down to the audio options and the special features.

Reactions: Fmac72
The 4K disc is, but not the blu-ray. There's no word on the blu-ray being anything different to the previous release, right down to the audio options and the special features.
Ah, now I get it ! Will take a while for me to get my mitts on it, no doubt the stateside folks will let us know soon enough.

Last edited:
Reactions: samdavies
Germany getting 4K treatment sometime in April from PP.

Plaion Pictures is planning a new release of " The Raid " (Indonesia 2011; OT: "Serbuan Maut"). The action thriller by Gareth Evans appears in the theatrical version and in the unrated version for the first time in Germany, remastered on Ultra HD Blu-ray with German sound in DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 and extensive special features as the " Ultimate Edition " in the DigiPak a special packaging including bonus discs.

The_Raid_Galerie_4K_Ultimate_Edition.jpg

Dang. That's a shame cos this is a real nice edition.... Fingers and toes crossed the UK get some form of special 4k package.
I'm not sure who the rights sit with over here now, eOne I think. Depends who their distribution partner is.. if it's Universal, may be in with a chance. Have to see.

I've got the US steel coming next week, so no bother to me. I've already got the kimchi lenti, but it's a nice embossed steel, and 4k, for £30. Can't grumble.

Reactions: Punker76