Votes: 18 15.5%
  • Both - Collector's Box

Votes: 57 49.1%

• Total voters

carllenc

Premium Supporter
Oct 22, 2011
Czech Republic
Release date: June 22, 2016 (Standard) - August 29, 2016 (E1, E2) - February 13, 2017 (E3 Collector's Maniacs Box)
Purchase links: Standard - E1 - E2 - E3
Price: 799 CZK (E1, E2) - 2999 CZK (E3)
Note: 1000 pieces numbered (E1, E2) - 500 pieces numbered (E3)
HDN Group Buys: E1 - E2 - E3 Collector's Maniacs Box

Edition #1 | Edition #2 | Collector's Box

13730909_1407178692632014_1203705818381343188_o.jpg 13692506_1406981439318406_579320386994272318_n.jpg 13667801_1055535604563415_5599119871712207012_o.jpg

13600054_1042194865897489_5742106902893129126_n.jpg13558761_1044185165698459_915432186605158827_o_j.jpg12631422_1276953368987881_9004598507967786682_n.jpg12670245_1276961215653763_4866540730991980825_n.jpg
13734930_1055535517896757_2995894485232421695_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The point is they are trying to make it look rare and by doing so then re-releasing another version right after the others sold out is pretty shady business.

Has nothing to do with what you are saying.

THere is no point in buying any FAC exclusives anymore because they are simply not rare. IN fact they are flooding the market.

They simply pump out new slip covers until all their steelbook stock is sold. But they are all so boring - maybe one day FA will spend some money and create a decent lenticular print.

THere is no point in buying any FAC exclusives anymore because they are simply not rare. IN fact they are flooding the market.
A steelbook is purchased because the customer wants it in their collection

It's not about if will be rare or it's re sale value

Film Arena Collection releases are liked because what you get for your money

I have over 500 Steelbooks in my collection none of them did I purchase because I think it might be worth something in value for re sale

I might have Steelbooks in my collection considered by some as rare to me it's just a release in my collection I wanted and its value is what I paid to get it

But you responded........ ;)

I was going to say there are different types of collectors, but that has been beaten to death on here since day 1. Not everyone opens the seal on these. Everyone I know keeps them sealed because the minute you open that seal the value plumits. Alot of people want to keep the value of these as sometimes they are forced to sell if they need fast cash. Its a collectable and is treated as such. SOmetimes the value on these collectables can reach 10 times the msrp. Anyone who opens one at the top of the value is either crazy or loaded with cash.

I was going to say there are different types of collectors, but that has been beaten to death on here since day 1. Not everyone opens the seal on these. Everyone I know keeps them sealed because the minute you open that seal the value plumits. Alot of people want to keep the value of these as sometimes they are forced to sell if they need fast cash. Its a collectable and is treated as such. SOmetimes the value on these collectables can reach 10 times the msrp. Anyone who opens one at the top of the value is either crazy or loaded with cash.
Steelbooks are popular because they are nicer looking than a Amaray release most of the time with a few exceptions some Amaray have nice slips that can be better

The reason why film studios provide new films a steelbook release and you see lot of back catalogue releases get Steelbooks is demand most customers purchase to open not keep sealed and simply like having them instead of a Amaray plastic case

I understand a few purchase Steelbooks only in hope of making a later profit but that's a minority who do that and if they make a profit then happy days for them

I have introduced lot of new collectors to Steelbooks and they like them for the artwork and difference to a standard plastic case

The extra attention to Steelbooks that come with full slips or lenti and booklets and artcards etc is just making a release more nicer than just the steelbook on its own
Some are brilliant some are average some are poor

Lot of customers purchase a steelbook instead of a Amaray and unseal to enjoy and watch the film and that's the only version they purchase.

I mostly wait for a steelbook release of a new film release to enjoy the steelbook and watch the Blu ray itself and don't purchase the Amaray even though I know a Amaray would be lot cheaper later and easy to get

I do on some occasions get a Amaray if it has exclusive extras on a disc or has a very nice slipcover or is only version available as in no steelbook available
I also purchase digibooks and other limited editions releases because of the extras included

If Steelbooks were only been purchased by most customers to keep sealed and make money on a resale lot of Steelbooks would not happen at all simply because their would not have enough customers purchasing to be worth doing the release a retailer would end up with unsold stock

If you purchase all Steelbooks just to make money on and if that happens fine but that's not the purpose of the release for most customers

I am a collector who also sells just like the majority of the people on this message board. Anyone can do what they want with what they own. Just because I sell more than the average doesn't mean I am any lesser of a person in collecting steels. I have a massive personal collection that I have spent tens of thousands on. I buy from others on here as well. No reason to go on because its already been beaten to death.

Its not my fault you have no intention on ever selling a blu-ray. Like I said you are free to do what ever you want with your money. You earned it so its yours to spend or keep. Your decision will be the best decision for yourself because you know yourself better than anyone.

Curious… How does one go about producing something rare?

I find it rather silly that steelbooks are being defined as 'rare' simply because the release sold out during pre - order a mere two months prior with multiple eBay listings for the same release…

Last edited:
I am a collector who also sells just like the majority of the people on this message board. Anyone can do what they want with what they own. Just because I sell more than the average doesn't mean I am any lesser of a person in collecting steels. I have a massive personal collection that I have spent tens of thousands on. I buy from others on here as well. No reason to go on because its already been beaten to death.

Its not my fault you have no intention on ever selling a blu-ray. Like I said you are free to do what ever you want with your money. You earned it so its yours to spend or keep. Your decision will be the best decision for yourself because you know yourself better than anyone.

It seems you are only concerned in reselling later in and if that's the case what does it matter what film arena releases to you. If you don't like it don't buy it. As you don't like something there are others who do like it. So what if they flood the market only thing that does is bring down the values of of that release what ever title it is. The more out there the more the value is decreased only people that really hurts is the resellers. Because they then can't make the huge profits they want.

Some people could care less about appreciation in price, they buy because they like the edition. Different strokes. If you resell collectibles that is your prerogative. If prices are "crazy", then the buyer can decide to move on. Please move ongoing reseller chatter to pms.

Open the GB already... no need teasing "GB coming soon" lol
take the money now!!!
in for all 3... don't care about watching the movie, but the slips are usually nice and embossed with excellent appeal to me