Dec 30, 2011
Up North Canada
Release date: March 13, 2017
Purchase link: FilmArena
Price: 999 CZK
HDN Group Buy: hosted by carllenc

15440512_1374540522578643_7361850964167799918_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah waste of time with the art cards hopefully the booklet is super otherwise this will be a film I like with a dreadful premium treatment. I would have liked to see the shark on the full slip or her on the bouy. Her surfing is ok but I mean the movie really isn't about surfing it's about escaping a shark lol

• Thanks
Reactions: goufcustom
I was planning to try and get every Black Baron as i liked the 3 previously choosen but i dont like the slip & postcard art here. Like others have said, at the moment definitely not worth the premium price tag as BB releases have had a high price.

• Thanks
Reactions: harry
Just print out pictures of sharks and Blake Lively's ass if you're that upset over art cards!:LOL: :p

I don't care that much about art cards— and I assumed no one did because it's rarely ever mentioned by anyone until today and this thread where it literally influences the purchase of several people.

Also I like the slipbox. I think the artwork is simple, classy, coherent between front and back, the surfing board/fin effect is good enough to convey there's a shark in the film: this isn't "Sharknado", and this isn't "Girls Gone Wild 47" either :D— even if we're horny for Blake Lively doesn't mean we should complain on BB's Facebook that there aren't enough boobs on the cover.

This will be my first Black Barons purchase after a few titles I didn't like.

But as always now, it's overpriced. There's a single 2D disc and no lenticular magnet, this shouldn't be 899 CZK but 699 CZK, 799 CZK at the very most. For Zootopia (3D+2D+Disney), I can understand the price being 899 CZK. Not for The Shallows. Oh well, this is the new normal with FA/BB. There used to be a difference with costly Asian retailers in terms of prices for 'premium' packaging: not anymore.

Last edited:
Hmmmmm on the fence, now I've seen that price. The art cards are a huge fail, but I do like the look of the steel and Fullslip and I'm sure the booklet will be good, they are good at those. But those art cards have put me right off!
More shark and more arse is the order of the day:LOL::cigar:

Any idea when gb might be live?
This is my 4th on a combine shipping, guess the disapointment over that slip wont make me give up of it.
:)