Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
4.14 star(s) Rating: 4.14/5 7 Votes
Title: The Suicide Squad (2021)

Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy

Director: James Gunn

Cast: Margot Robbie, Joel Kinnaman, Idris Elba, Viola Davis, Jai Courtney, Taika Waititi, Nathan Fillion, John Cena, Sean Gunn and more!

Release: 2021-08-04

Attachments

• suicide squad 2.jpg
    suicide squad 2.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 843
I honestly don't think we'll know exactly what this version really is until the film's released and we've had the chance to properly judge it for ourselves... seen so many people who are apparently "in the know" refer to it as a million different things, so they just cancel each other out and I take no notice. The only person who truly knows is obviously Gunn... y'know, the guy whose film it is! It's nothing to do with Ayer, so why he feels the need to comment/confirm is baffling to me. But anyhoo... I've personally just been referring to it as the NEW Suicide Squad. :D

Reactions: vexred and Flloydo
I honestly don't think we'll know exactly what this version really is until the film's released and we've had the chance to properly judge it for ourselves... seen so many people who are apparently "in the know" refer to it as a million different things, so they just cancel each other out and I take no notice. The only person who truly knows is obviously Gunn... y'know, the guy whose film it is! It's nothing to do with Ayer, so why he feels the need to comment/confirm is baffling to me. But anyhoo... I've personally just been referring to it as the NEW Suicide Squad. :D

The Suicide Squad is a reinvention of Suicide Squad this was heavily discussed late last year with Gunn using Ostrander’s original run as a big influence, going to be a blast but definitely not a sequel to Suicide Squad :D

Also in the panel Gunn said he likes to think of his film as a continuation to John Ostrander's original run of "Suicide Squad" comics.

1598270032268.jpeg

Yep. The new suicide squad for now. Then suicide squad 2 after we’ve seen it LOL

May even twist it a little. And settle on Suicide Squad part 2 for myself. Get the spines printed ready for the SteelBooks :LOL:

Yep. The new suicide squad for now. Then suicide squad 2 after we’ve seen it LOL

May even twist it a little. And settle on Suicide Squad part 2 for myself. Get the spines printed ready for the SteelBooks :LOL:

yet it will still remain officially as The Suicide Squad not matter how badly you want to rebrand it with your 2

Find it a bit unfair that they haven't credited Steve Agee on the poster for King Shark, just because he's not a well-known actor like the others. Apparently he'll also portray John Economos, so he's probably put in just as much work as the rest, if not more!

Reactions: Flloydo

these are so cool. Much prefer them to the illustrated day of the dead style heads for the first film. Love that they are like patches

Find it a bit unfair that they haven't credited Steve Agee on the poster for King Shark, just because he's not a well-known actor like the others. Apparently he'll also portray John Economos, so he's probably put in just as much work as the rest, if not more!

yeah I noticed that. It is a shame and a bit of a kick in the nuts to him.

Are those random names? Who are those bums?

Apart from Stringer Bell and Margot Robbie obviously :cigar:

dunno there’s still a few big names there. I’m interested to see capaldis character. Can’t imagine Malcolm tucker in a DC film.
You must of heard of rooker, kinnaman (he’s in the first film), nathan fillion, jai Courtney (again in the first film), cena etc. Unless of course you’re joking
There is a lot of randoms though. Which makes me think a lot of them will get brutal deaths. I recognised the guy who’s Antman and Michael penas mate in Antman and Antman and the wasp. He’s also the creepy dude that kidnaps Rachel in the dark knight. But he’s relatively unknown I suppose

Is this a prequel to Aquaman? The greatest movie of all time.

LOL brilliant. Nah it’s a prequel to man of steel set in a alternate universe to aquaman but a very straight forward and direct sequel to suicide squad part 1 and birds of prey! :rofl: :LOL:

:coffee:

dunno there’s still a few big names there. I’m interested to see capaldis character. Can’t imagine Malcolm tucker in a DC film.
You must of heard of rooker, kinnaman (he’s in the first film), nathan fillion, jai Courtney (again in the first film), cena etc. Unless of course you’re joking
There is a lot of randoms though. Which makes me think a lot of them will get brutal deaths. I recognised the guy who’s Antman and Michael penas mate in Antman and Antman and the wasp. He’s also the creepy dude that kidnaps Rachel in the dark knight. But he’s relatively unknown I suppose
:coffee:

Thanks for spoiling "The Dark Knight" ;)

I know 8/20 names, that should be a game.

• Haha
Reactions: Flloydo
Thanks for spoiling "The Dark Knight" ;)

I know 8/20 names, that should be a game.

haha, sorry man :naughty:. Another spoiler is it’s one of the greatest superhero films ever made and It’s DC’s greatest ever movie made. Oh and the joker blows up a hospital in one of the greatest scenes ever! :LOL:
infact every scene the joker is in is the greatest scenes ever

I just had a count up and I know 11.
So only 3 more than you but I think a lot will be in the same boat. But the first thing I thought the other day was it’s a very random and unknown cast for such a big film. Apart from the top couple of names of course

Reactions: Genocide