Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
4.14 star(s) Rating: 4.14/5 7 Votes
Title: The Suicide Squad (2021)

Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy

Director: James Gunn

Cast: Margot Robbie, Joel Kinnaman, Idris Elba, Viola Davis, Jai Courtney, Taika Waititi, Nathan Fillion, John Cena, Sean Gunn and more!

Release: 2021-08-04

Attachments

• suicide squad 2.jpg
    suicide squad 2.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 837
Still have to see that. Heard good things.

I think Cena would work best playing King Shark out of the possible options.
its def worth a watch, it hit my radar when one reviewer we have here who usually grades pretty strict gave it great review... i was like HUH!? Then i saw and agree. I saw it on Prime for a couple months ago, might be on that or netflix etc.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw
its def worth a watch, it hit my radar when one reviewer we have here who usually grades pretty strict gave it great review... i was like HUH!? Then i saw and agree. I saw it on Prime for a couple months ago, might be on that or netflix etc.
Just gave The Wall a watch after seeing you praise it yesterday... definitely a very decent movie! Reminded me a lot of Phone Booth, which I also really enjoyed. Not a great film for judging Cena's acting abilities though, as he's barely in it lol.

Just gave The Wall a watch after seeing you praise it yesterday... definitely a very decent movie! Reminded me a lot of Phone Booth, which I also really enjoyed. Not a great film for judging Cena's acting abilities though, as he's barely in it lol.
lmao yes that is why its a great Cena film. :)

• Haha
Reactions: Noodles
Ant-Man actor David Dastmalchian is headed over to the DC universe.

Dastmalchian has closed a deal to star in James Gunn's The Suicide Squad, with sources saying he will play the comic book villain Polka-Dot Man.

SOURCE

davidPD-768x432.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Robles
Variety reports that Daniela Melchior will be Ratcatcher.

In the comicbooks, Ratcatcher is the alter ego of Otis Flannegan, who as his title suggests, was once part of the vermin control team in Gotham City. But after sinking into a life of crime, he became known via his villainous name and caused trouble for Batman in particular. He can communicate with and train rats to carry out his plans, and carries a gas gun.

Gunn is looking to change things up in casting Melchior, switching the gender of the role.

SOURCE

daniela-melchior.jpg

Jared Leto Defends DC Movies as Doing as Well as Marvel

For decades, comic book fans have enjoyed a playful rivalry between the two biggest publishers and their iconic heroes, DC Comics and Marvel. Much the way sci-fi fans regularly debate which is superior, Star Wars or Star Trek, comic fans argue the strengths and weaknesses of each publisher, which has evolved into a more passionate argument as both brands have begun to dominate the big screen. With the MCU having delivered audiences 22 movies which are widely praised by audiences and critics alike, compared to various entries in the DC Extended Universe being critical flops, some consider the MCU franchise superior. Suicide Squad star Jared Leto, on the other hand, sees them both as having their own massive successes that makes them equals.

"Oh, I think it has, just ask [Aquaman star] Jason Momoa," Leto shared with Variety when asked why the DCEU wasn't as big of a hit as the MCU. "I think Wonder Woman was one of the more exciting things ever to happen, it was phenomenal. It was a beautiful performance. I think the DC world has been pretty great for a long time. You can't win every single time. But I think they're doing just fine. People loved Shazam!, I haven't seen it yet. People really loved that film. Who's perfect? I'm not."

Leto debuted as the Clown Prince of Gotham in the 2016 film which was a major financial success but earned poor reviews. Having followed Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, which similarly earned dour reviews and a strong box office, some DC fans felt as though they had to support whatever projects they were given. The success of Wonder Woman helped prove that the quality of a film is more important than maintaining a brand, leading towards an overall reimagining of the future of DC films.

"I think DC is...they're doing okay, man," Leto confessed.

Despite the actor professing that the DCEU was doing just fine, he played it coyer when asked about when, if ever, he would be returning to the role.

“I would definitely play the Joker again,” Leto admitted. “It all depends on the script and the circumstances as it always does."

via comicbook.com

“Guardians of the Galaxy” alum Michael Rooker is in talks to play King Shark in James Gunn’s “The Suicide Squad,” an individual with knowledge of the project exclusively told TheWrap.

michael-rooker-king-shark-suicide-squad.png

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw and vexred
Let's hope Fillion has a real role this time with Gunn...

When do they start filming?

Fillion is probably right now in the middle of shooting The Rookie season 2... doubt he is going to have much time to take a break from it unless its next summer?
I bet its just a small role. :(

Let's hope Fillion has a real role this time with Gunn...
When do they start filming?

Fillion is probably right now in the middle of shooting The Rookie season 2... doubt he is going to have much time to take a break from it unless its next summer?
I bet its just a small role. :(
Looks like he's voicing a CGI character, so he'll probably just phone it in if need be lol.