The Sword in the Stone (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive: Disney Collection #33) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: June 15, 2015
Purchase link: The Sword in the Stone
Price: £19.99
Notes: 3000 only

The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

01.jpg

11127513-1224298751026463.jpg 11127513-1804298750898444.jpg 11127513-8784298750903112.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
don't even know if that' s the same art on the dvd (?) lol
i guess that if so it's less red but it might not be the case

i'm pretty sure it's a choice(skin so red/much more red than the mock up ) but i don't understand the possible logic and it 's still so much/too much different from the mock up as well as the other times i saw this image/art so for me it doesn't make sense..

edit:
i just found a video of the regular blu ray release, the slip is pretty much as red as the steel whereas the blu ray cover is much less red, really werid all this :/

maxresdefault.jpg

Quite like the look of the steelbook and will give the movie another go later to justify the expenditure,couldn't get my children interested enough last time and I don't think it's nearly as good as my memory thought it was .

Quite like the look of the steelbook and will give the movie another go later to justify the expenditure,couldn't get my children interested enough last time and I don't think it's nearly as good as my memory thought it was .

Same here. Not too long ago bought the blu-ray and we watched it with the whole family, but many didn't seem to like it. Usually our kids rewatch all the Disney films, but not this time. It hasn't been touched ever since. I will see it again with original voices without all the hassle when I'll get time.

Reactions: George Pearce
i' ve been looking for images with this art(front of the steel)
i played with the light etc
i found out that it's not so much the color(s) itself that's been changed compared to the blu ray cover as the whole ligthning(much more darker art comapred to the blu ray cover)

before/regular light

after/with less light

can't understand why they change the light and conseuquently the look of the color(for the skin/red turning skin):/

Last edited:
I agree. As I've said before this Disney steelbook collection is becoming a serious winner. A series I don't think we'll see the likes of again.
I agree overall its a fantastic series of steelbooks and if your a Disney fan great to have in your collection even if you already have the slipcase versions already
For anyone starting out collecting Disney on Blu-ray its a fantastic way to get a nice collection together

There a few ones that could have been better especially after we started getting the ones with a gloss finish and embossing done very well
The only weak one really was Fantasia with terrible finish and bad back artwork if that had of been a gloss finish and better back artwork it would have looked fantastic

Planes just ignore that one :LOL: it don't count IMO

The earlier ones with plain Jcards would have been nicer if they used the same style later Jcards as they way they blend into the artwork looks great
Even some of the matte finish ones are still good and look great but would have most likely been even more amazing if they had of been a gloss finish and the later style Jcards

Mary Poppins I like the way that was done as in hand looks great and is one of my favourite Disney films and its also by the way was Walt Disney most hands on Disney film in making sure it getting released and the one he wanted the most to happen as it was his daughters favourite children's book

If your a Disney Fan its a fantastic way to have a brilliant collection

I agree overall its a fantastic series of steelbooks and if your a Disney fan great to have in your collection even if you already have the slipcase versions already
For anyone starting out collecting Disney on Blu-ray its a fantastic way to get a nice collection together

There a few ones that could have been better especially after we started getting the ones with a gloss finish and embossing done very well
The only weak one really was Fantasia with terrible finish and bad back artwork if that had of been a gloss finish and better back artwork it would have looked fantastic

Planes just ignore that one :LOL: it don't count IMO

The earlier ones with plain Jcards would have been nicer if they used the same style later Jcards as they way they blend into the artwork looks great
Even some of the matte finish ones are still good and look great but would have most likely been even more amazing if they had of been a gloss finish and the later style Jcards

Mary Poppins I like the way that was done as in hand looks great and is one of my favourite Disney films and its also by the way was Walt Disney most hands on Disney film in making sure it getting released and the one he wanted the most to happen as it was his daughters favourite children's book

If your a Disney Fan its a fantastic way to have a brilliant collection

Agree and of the early Matte ones I think Peter Pan could have been brilliant with gloss and some nice embossing.