The Thing (1982) (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Arrow Video) [UK]

Feb 17, 2011
Release date: October 23, 2017
Purchase link: Amazon - Zavvi - HMV - Arrow Films (Sold Out)
Price: £17.99 (Arrow) - £24.99 (Amazon) - £19.99 (Zavvi - Hmv)

91fkjH5rswL._SY445_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just turned up

I like it but it don't seem like a normal arrow steel. Think because it has a metallic shine on the snow and light from the Parker which they don't usually have on their steels

(Limited edition also turned up - looks cool)

• Helpful Post
Reactions: harry
Advertised product ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- what you actually get:-
upload_2017-10-21_12-50-32.png
thing.png

Now we have this crap for yet another Arrow release it's possible to realise that the days of reasonably priced (under £20) Arrow packages are well and truly behind us . . . the gorgeous digipack packaging and the embossed slipcases are a thing of the past :(

If you're not too fussed about the booklet and the ordinary slipcase the actual Amaray by itself will be available from HMV or Fopp in one of their "5 for £30" promos before too long.

Not too long ago . . . THE THING limited Edition boxset would have been treated like one of these (a few examples of what you got for your 15 - 20 quid not long ago) . . . this whole cost-cutting thing reminding me of how pissed I was when Arrow discontinued their window slipcase releases . . .
1479310_881953945171934_3956427699998751969_n.jpg
Nekromantik_Director_Approved_Limited_Edition_with_OST_12.jpg

PP-Body-Nekromantik2-3.jpg
upload_2017-10-21_13-38-40.png

Society_Limited_Edition_Box_Set_05.jpg
Society_Limited_Edition_Box_Set_10.jpg
Society_Limited_Edition_Box_Set_09.jpg
Society_Limited_Edition_Box_Set_14.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: Hereticz
Mock up did not show a digipack it was just assumed by some it would be

Mock only showed a slipbox with part of the new artwork sticking out and the poster and book and artcards and Blu-ray disc artwork
It don't show an actual digipack in the photo

The new artwork is on the amaray with the original artwork on the reverse

Mine just shipped from Amazon UK. WooHoo!!!!!!

As for the packaging with the slip and cards...would have been nice to get that for the steel treatment, ala HDZeta. Might have to snag it just because....unless @zesty creates some killer, most awesome full slip for this bad boy.

Just turned up

I like it but it don't seem like a normal arrow steel. Think because it has a metallic shine on the snow and light from the Parker which they don't usually have on their steels

(Limited edition also turned up - looks cool)
Just got mine, too (from Arrow). Never received a dispatch email, though, but at least I've got the steelbook - that's the main thing!

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Advertised product ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- what you actually get:-
View attachment 340295View attachment 340296

Now we have this crap for yet another Arrow release it's possible to realise that the days of reasonably priced (under £20) Arrow packages are well and truly behind us . . . the gorgeous digipack packaging and the embossed slipcases are a thing of the past :(

If you're not too fussed about the booklet and the ordinary slipcase the actual Amaray by itself will be available from HMV or Fopp in one of their "5 for £30" promos before too long.

Not too long ago . . . THE THING limited Edition boxset would have been treated like one of these (a few examples of what you got for your 15 - 20 quid not long ago) . . . this whole cost-cutting thing reminding me of how pissed I was when Arrow discontinued their window slipcase releases . . .
Not too sure what you were expecting there - product is exactly the same as the advance pics showed - and at least this *was* an under £20 release which considering a lot of similar releases these days is quite something...Yes some embossing might have been nice on the slip but not every Arrow release has gone that route (Battle Royale collectors edition for example) so it's not out of character (and Society and Nekromantic 1/2 were around £25 originally :whistle:)

Not too sure what you were expecting there - product is exactly the same as the advance pics showed - and at least this *was* an under £20 release which considering a lot of similar releases these days is quite something...Yes some embossing might have been nice on the slip but not every Arrow release has gone that route (Battle Royale collectors edition for example) so it's not out of character (and Society and Nekromantic 1/2 were around £25 originally :whistle:)

I didn't see any advance pictures of the amaray in the limited edition. Definitely wouldn't have bothered ordering if I knew this was the case(pun unintended). Mine has been dispatched but its going back or going on ebay.

Again what's with all the gripes. Stunning remaster, serious extras, serious packaging and a steelbook to boot. Sorry but what else do you want. Gold edge trimming and a tube of thing blood go with it. I get the feeling that all the negativity I'm reading here should really be directed at labels like Mill Creek who really don't give a **** instead of labels like Arrow who do.

I didn't see any advance pictures of the amaray in the limited edition. Definitely wouldn't have bothered ordering if I knew this was the case(pun unintended). Mine has been dispatched but its going back or going on ebay.

Did you think the steelbook came with the limited edition?

• Thanks
Reactions: SeppeDR and milky
It definitely looks closer to a digipak than an amaray.
You are absolutely right, it definitely looked like a digipack in the mockup.
In the mockup, it's not an amaray sliding into the case, hence it was misleading. You are brave for pointing out the truth here, people spin it their way. Have at least 1 thumbs up!

Edit: i should add that the comment is not about wether it's a good looking edition or not, it clearly is imo. It's solely about that the mockup gave indeed a misleading assumption.