The Thing (1982) (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Arrow Video) [UK]

Feb 17, 2011
Release date: October 23, 2017
Purchase link: Amazon - Zavvi - HMV - Arrow Films (Sold Out)
Price: £17.99 (Arrow) - £24.99 (Amazon) - £19.99 (Zavvi - Hmv)

91fkjH5rswL._SY445_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It was the limited edition that had troubles on Amazon.

Not sure if they fixed that from earlier though
Because Arrow Website went down there was a massive hit of orders on amazon and then later the same with Zavvi

It will be back available to order direct with arrow website once they sort out the issues with their website for how long not sure same issues might happen again as I expect there will be another massive hit on Arrow store website when it does come back

This release has created massive demand they might end up increasing the print run but not 100% if that will happen

well i spoke with arrow on facebook direct, and amazon customer live chat as was looking to order as soon as it went live,
and according to arrow and amazon it hasnt gone live on either yet, and arrow are in talks with amazon trying to find out,,
Members here ordered from amazon and later canceled and order from Zavvi
Zavvi was cheaper and discount code working

Read some of the earlier posts in the thread you will see it was live to order from amazon before it was listed as unavailable

Because Arrow Website went down there was a massive hit of orders on amazon and then later the same with Zavvi

It will be back available to order direct with arrow website once they sort out the issues with their website for how long not sure same issues might happen again as I expect there will be another massive hit on Arrow store website when it does come back

This release has created massive demand they might end up increasing the print run but not 100% if that will happen

I know

I was awake when you was asleep remember

That was the steelbook

The box set went live on Amazon for like 5 minutes and then something went wrong with the box set Amazon listing and their own site hence the update from arrow and hasn't been live on there again since

They then both went live on zavvi about 20 mins later for a much cheaper price so the majority re ordered through zavvi and cancelled the Amazon order

I originally ordered the steel through Amazon but was too late for the box set due to a malfunction of some sort and i then ordered both with codes when zavvis went live

• Thanks
Reactions: yardman
i believe u, i think it just may have been pulled a little to early on amazon and may be relisted a little later,
well according to arrow they were in talks with amazon to get it relisted, either way as long as we all get a copy im happy,

i believe u, i think it just may have been pulled a little to early on amazon and may be relisted a little later,
well according to arrow they were in talks with amazon to get it relisted, either way as long as we all get a copy im happy,
The demand for this release is huge
I expect there was a lot of large bulk orders done and both Amazon and Zavvi would have been allocated a set amount of stock
The large bulk orders will get cancelled by both amazon and zavvi

It will come back in stock with Amazon/Zavvi and also when arrow store website get's fixed but it won't last long when it does come back in stock and that applies to both the steelbook and Limited Edition both are very high demand releases

I know

I was awake when you was asleep remember

That was the steelbook

The box set went live on Amazon for like 5 minutes and then something went wrong with the box set Amazon listing and their own site hence the update from arrow and hasn't been live on there again since

They then both went live on zavvi about 20 mins later for a much cheaper price so the majority re ordered through zavvi and cancelled the Amazon order

I originally ordered the steel through Amazon but was too late for the box set due to a malfunction of some sort and i then ordered both with codes when zavvis went live
Zavvi and Amazon will come back in stock as there will be lot of large bulk orders
This release is scalpers order big time

It's up to both amazon and Zavvi to cancel the scalpers bulk orders it won't last long even when it's available back with Arrow/Amazon/Zavvi websites

well i spoke with arrow on facebook direct, and amazon customer live chat as was looking to order as soon as it went live,
and according to arrow and amazon it hasnt gone live on either yet, and arrow are in talks with amazon trying to find out,,

I ordered both on Amazon at 15:45 UK time..

Zavvi and Amazon will come back in stock as there will be lot of large bulk orders
This release is scalpers order big time

It's up to both amazon and Zavvi to cancel the scalpers bulk orders it won't last long even when it's available back with Arrow/Amazon/Zavvi websites

?????? Why are you telling me about scalping and bulk orders lol
You need to read my post again

Zavvi have sold out for now of both

Amazon just the steel. There was a problem with the listing for the box set so that will 100% come back up for pre order and then like you say the standard zavvi and Amazon bulk orders and cancellations

With 4,000 copies there's no way people should miss out on this if they're a bit savvy.

It will be back for sure. Probably even on Zavvi again at some point.

Look at The Burning steelbook. Sold out for a bit, major panicking ensued, can now be picked up for around cost on the secondary market.......

There will be no shortage of these.

This would be awesome if they used a bit of spot gloss (like on Blood & Black Lace) on the shafts of light from the face and debossed the title.

I'm rarin' to see the rest of the artwork!

• Thanks
Reactions: LewXG
Yeah well spotted, good to see it back, just put an order in, yeah the price should drop later. :)

It was actually posted in the relevant thread for the box set but I thought I'd mention it in here to a) shut Paul up lol
And b) I thought it makes sense as a lot are interested in this along with the steel

• Thanks
Reactions: harry
I ordered both from zavvi right away when I got the email. So glad I did. Are we looking at the number 1 special edition seller of the year. Me thinks we are!