Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: October 11th ,2016
Purchase links:
Shout Factory
Amazon
Price: $24.93 (Shout Factory) - $21.06 (Amazon)

product_images_modal_ThingPS72dpi__7Bdf7e9222-fef8-4c32-b25f-fac26cfda62d_7D.png

91KRgYYHWRL._SL1500_.jpg

Blu-ray reverse artwork will have Drew Struzan theatrical poster
13327408_783251028478577_5429661635562832116_n.jpg

**NEW TITLE ANNOUNCE to Celebrate Our 4-Year Anniversary!**

We couldn't let this special day go by without some exciting news that we hope will rock you to the core: John Carpenter's classic THE THING will be getting a 2-disc Blu-ray Collector's Edition treatment this Fall!

We are truly honored to have the chance to pay the ultimate respect for this popular and iconic film. Release date is planned for September. Stay tuned to this page within the next week for all the details including new artwork extras and more.

Lastly, we want to take this time on our anniversary to once again thank you guys for so much support over the last four rewarding years. It's been an amazing ride and we look forward to more of the "rollercoaster" for more years to come.

Last edited:
Bonus Features

NEW 2K Scan Of The Interpositive Supervised And Approved By Director Of Photography Dean Cundey
NEW 4.1 Audio Mix Created From The Original 70MM Six Track Dolby Stereo Soundtrack
NEW Audio Commentary With Director Of Photography Dean Cundey
Audio Commentary By Director John Carpenter And Actor Kurt Russell
NEW The Men Of Outpost 31 – Interviews With Keith David, Thomas Waites, Peter Maloney And More…
NEW Assembling And Assimilation – An Interview With Editor Todd Ramsay
NEW Behind The Chameleon – Interviews With Visual Effects Artists Peter Kuran And Susan Turner, Special Make-up Effects Artist Rob Burman And Brian Wade And More…
NEW Sounds From The Cold – Interviews With Supervising Sound Editor David Lewis Yewdall And Special Sound Effects Designer Alan Howarth
NEW Between The Lines – An Interview With Novelization Author Alan Dean Foster
John Carpenter's The Thing: Terror Takes Shape – A Documentary On The Making Of THE THING Featuring Interviews With John Carpenter, Kurt Russell, Special Effects Make-up Designer Rob Bottin, Matte Artist Albert Whitlock And More! (80 minutes – SD)
Outtakes (5 minutes – SD)
Vintage Featurettes From The Electronic Press Kit Featuring Interviews With John Carpenter, Kurt Russell And Rob Bottin (12 minutes – SD)
Vintage Featurettes – The Making Of A Chilling Tale And The Making Of THE THING (1982 – 14 minutes – SD)
Vintage Product Reel – Contains A Promotional Condensed Version Of The Film With Additional Footage Not In The Film (19 minutes – SD)
Vintage Behind-The-Scenes Footage (2 minutes – SD)
Annotated Production Archive – Production Art And Storyboards, Location Scouting, Special Make-up Effects, Post Production (48 minutes – SD)
Network TV Broadcast Version Of THE THING (92 minutes – SD)
Teaser Trailer
Theatrical Trailers (U.S. And German)
TV Spots
Radio Spots
Still Gallery (Behind-The-Scenes Photos, Posters And Lobby Cards)
And Still More To Be Added!

• Helpful Post
Reactions: lolwut
There is also
The Thing [Deluxe Limited Edition]

Order from ShoutFactory.com and get TWO FREE SLIPCASES and TWO FREE POSTERS featuring both of our newly commissioned artwork (Limited to 1,500 units)! Also get it shipped THREE WEEKS EARLY!
product_images_modal_TheThing_BeautyShot72dpi__7B39b48e85-453d-4f3b-8c32-9f0c04df38ea_7D.png

This Deluxe Limited Edition contains:

• The collector's edition Blu-Ray with slipcover
    • A limited edition 18" x 24" poster of the newly-designed art from artist Paul Shipper
    • A second slipcover — made exclusively for this promotion — featuring newly-designed art from artist Nat Marsh
    • A limited edition 18" x 24" poster of the newly-designed art from artist Nat Marsh
    • Early shipping to arrive three weeks before the national street date
Website Exclusive
https://www.shoutfactory.com/film/film-horror/the-thing-deluxe-limited-edition
$34.93

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: ty233 and lolwut
I'm hoping that Arrow or MOC do this one in a steelbook edition or is this Title a total Shout Factory exclusive. I guess the "2K" scan rules out any forthcoming 4k release.
Shame.......

I'm hoping that Arrow or MOC do this one in a steelbook edition or is this Title a total Shout Factory exclusive. I guess the "2K" scan rules out any forthcoming 4k release.
Shame.......
Deluxe Limited Edition is shout website exclusive

The 2 disc Collector's Edition will be available from Shout and Amazon and usual retailers in USA/Canada

When Amazon list on their website I will add link to the thread

Reactions: ty233
Could some awesome ninja help out with a GB please?
The 2 disc collectors edition will be available from usual retailers in USA and Canada
Amazon USA and Amazon Canada will have this soon listed on their websites

The deluxe edition is exclusive to shout website it's only different by including a extra different slipcover and 2 posters

The 2 disc Blu ray content is the same in both standard and deluxe releases and includes a slipcover.
The standard collectors edition you can pre order on amazon when it gets listed on their website

Last edited:
The 2 disc collectors edition will be available from usual retailers in USA and Canada
Amazon USA and Amazon Canada will have this soon listed on their websites

The deluxe edition is exclusive to shout website it's only different by including extra slip and poster

I need that slip.lol.

This is my all time favourite film and I don't fancy paying through the roof on eBay.

The extra slip looks like Pop Art crap. Sticking with the regular edition. Although they really missed an opportunity to use the original iconic poster image.

The extra slip looks like Pop Art crap. Sticking with the regular edition. Although they really missed an opportunity to use the original iconic poster image.
The reverse artwork on the blu-ray cover will be the original Drew Struzan theatrical art poster image
13327408_783251028478577_5429661635562832116_n.jpg

Every day that goes by without a steelbook of The Thing without Drew Struzan's art is an affront to humanity. (Das Ding doesn't count).:naughty: (Of course I own it.....:LOL:)