Horror-Scream Factory CE The Thing (Deluxe Edition Blu-ray with Slipcovers) [USA]

PunkNinja

Bring The Good Times Home
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2013
USA
Release date: October 11th ,2016
Purchase link: Shoutfactory - Sold out Standard edition
Price:
$34.93

*Limited to 1,500 orders only

13336001_787396924730654_6909194468539956570_n-jpg.245357

This Deluxe Limited Edition contains:

• The collector's edition Blu-Ray with slipcover
  • A limited edition 18" x 24" poster of the newly-designed art from artist Paul Shipper
  • A second slipcover — made exclusively for this promotion — featuring newly-designed art from artist Nat Marsh
  • A limited edition 18" x 24" poster of the newly-designed art from artist Nat Marsh
  • Early shipping to arrive three weeks before the national street date

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Netclone and tridon
Release date: September 20, 2016
Purchase link: Shoutfactory
Price: $34.93

*Limited to 1,500 orders only
product_images_modal_TheThing_BeautyShot72dpi__7B39b48e85-453d-4f3b-8c32-9f0c04df38ea_7D.png

This Deluxe Limited Edition contains:

• The collector's edition Blu-Ray with slipcover
  • A limited edition 18" x 24" poster of the newly-designed art from artist Paul Shipper
  • A second slipcover — made exclusively for this promotion — featuring newly-designed art from artist Nat Marsh
  • A limited edition 18" x 24" poster of the newly-designed art from artist Nat Marsh
  • Early shipping to arrive three weeks before the national street date

Thanks SO much for this, man! Pre-ordered immediately! Can't wait!!! :D

• Thanks
Reactions: PunkNinja
:woot:Pre-ordered :D Thanks @PunkNinja for heads up.:thumbs:

Awesome!!!
  • NEW 2K Scan Of The Interpositive Supervised And Approved By Director Of Photography Dean Cundey :thumbs:
  • NEW 4.1 Audio Mix Created From The Original 70MM Six Track Dolby Stereo Soundtrack :thumbs:

• Thanks
Release date: 20th September, 2016
Purchase link: N/A yet

13336001_787396924730654_6909194468539956570_n.jpg

Scream Factory has announced the full specs on their Collector's Edition Blu-ray release of John Carpenter's The Thing and it looks like it will be worth the upgrade.

Extras/specs will include the following:
• NEW 2K scan of the Inter-positive supervised and approved by director of photography Dean Cundey
• NEW 4.1 created from the original 70MM Six Track Dolby Stereo soundtrack (there will also be a DTS-HD MA 5.1 track)
• NEW Audio Commentary with director of photography Dean Cundey
• NEW The Men of Outpost 31 – Interviews with Keith David, Thomas Waites, Peter Maloney and more…
• NEW Assembling and Assimilation – An interview with editor Todd Ramsay
• NEW Behind the Chameleon – Interviews with visual effects artists Peter Kuran and Susan Turner, special make-up effects artist Rob Burman and Brian Wade and more….
• NEW Sounds from the Cold – Interviews with supervising sound editor David Lewis Yewdall and special sound effects designer Alan Howarth
• NEW Between the Lines – An interview with novelization author Alan Dean Foster
• Audio Commentary by director John Carpenter and actor Kurt Russell
• John Carpenter’s The Thing: Terror Takes Shape – A documentary on the making of The Thing featuring interviews with John Carpenter, Kurt Russell, special effects make-up designer Rob Bottin, legendary matte artist Albert Whitlock plus members of the cast and crew (80 minutes – SD)
• Outtakes (5 minutes - SD)
• Vintage featurettes from the electronic press kit featuring interviews with John Carpenter, Kurt Russell and Rob Bottin (12 minutes - SD)
• Vintage featurettes – The Making of a Chilling Tale and The Making of The Thing (1982 – 14 minutes - SD)
• Vintage Product Reel – contains a promotional condensed version of the film with additional footage not in the film (19 minutes - SD)
• Vintage Behind-the-Scenes footage (2 minutes - SD)
• Annotated Production Archive – Production Art and Storyboards, Location Scouting, Special Make-up Effects, Post Production (48 minutes - SD)
• Network TV Broadcast version of THE THING (92 minutes - SD)
• Teaser Trailer
• Theatrical Trailers (U.S. and German Trailer)
• TV spots
• Radio Spots
• Still Gallery (behind-the-scenes photos, posters and lobby cards)

Deluxe edition sold out already!!

I'll be going for the standard version anyway, just waiting for he magic $19.99 or under on Amazon.com then it'll be mine :)

I'll be pre-ordering as soon as it goes live. It will be worth every penny!

• Thanks
Not bothered. I would be astonished if there was not a UK company that would not want to release this title. And I can't see Shout Factory passing up the change to allow a UK company to use their new scan once the right amount of money has changed hands.

Why it's not out until September and why pay silly money for a extra poster or slipcase when the standard version contains all the relevant extras. You're not being shortchanged there!

Ya I had chance to get it, choose not to. May have been a mistake, but I way I figure I'll get it at the store if I can. Been getting too many damaged things from the mail lately.

And the extra slip is nice, as for the posters I don't have any room to put them up. So I may regret it. But for now I'm content I passed.

Though I didn't think it would sell as fast as it did.