The Wizard of Oz (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Black Barons Collection #29) [Czech Republic]

carllenc

Premium Supporter
Oct 22, 2011
Czech Republic
Release date: August 30, 2021
Purchase link: Black Barons
Price: 1599 CZK
Group buy: hosted by carllenc

1624634256074.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol the timing couldnt have been better with this tornado artwork :LOL: , first I thought it was some kind of joke, but it seems to be oficial artwork with the tornado

Reactions: DMD4k
Hmm, I feel like the premium slip from “other” vendor was better designed overall. Glad I managed to snag one.

Lol the timing couldnt have been better with this tornado artwork :LOL: , first I thought it was some kind of joke, but it seems to be oficial artwork with the tornado

Yeah, because there are tornados everywhere, like FAC fans. :rolleyes:

Hmm, I feel like the premium slip from “other” vendor was better designed overall. Glad I managed to snag one.
I think the selection of extras here is better. But neither slip does quite what I'd hoped for in a premium (unless the front lenti here is going to do something amazingly cool). I think I generally prefer the other slip, because it's nice to have the lenti front and holofoil/embossed back. But I do want to see this one in person, too. Something by EverythingBlu or CX Media might have gone with a more vintage-poster look, which is what I'd like.

Reactions: DMD4k
Almost done throwing together my own ultimate edition. Zeta slip, US glossy steelbook, Japanese UHD disc with art. Not exactly feeling the overall art on this FilmArena slip in comparison but seeing as all of these are very rare, go for it if you care.

pCwnyEph.jpg

pK5TxNKh.jpg

Will soon mod the steelbook to have a four disc flip tray frame to include the 3D and Bonus discs from the previous anniversary release, and the older dual-sided MGM bonus DVD will be in a paper sleeve slipped into the folder (and will fit after the unnecessary character cards have been removed from it), then it will be complete!

Almost done throwing together my own ultimate edition. Zeta slip, US glossy steelbook, Japanese UHD disc with art. Not exactly feeling the overall art on this FilmArena slip in comparison but seeing as all of these are very rare, go for it if you care.

Will soon mod the steelbook to have a four disc flip tray frame to include the 3D and Bonus discs from the previous anniversary release, and the older dual-sided MGM bonus DVD will be in a paper sleeve slipped into the folder (and will fit after the unnecessary character cards have been removed from it), then it will be complete!
Nice! I have almost exactly the same thing—4-disc steelbook (the Euro version with debossing and gold accents—I prefer that one) with blu-ray, 4K, 3D, and the third disc from the three-disc DVD collector's set, that has the old silent films. Just need to decide whether this is ultimately going into the HDz or the BB slip. :)

pCwnyEph.jpg

pK5TxNKh.jpg

frankenstein's monster

pCwnyEph.jpg

pK5TxNKh.jpg

Where do you get those flip trays for the steelbooks? Would be nice to know. Thanks in advance.

Where do you get those flip trays for the steelbooks? Would be nice to know. Thanks in advance.

I’ve probably purchased the Steve Austin Four Movie Collection steelbook 40 or so times these past couple years. New it’s $10, could sometimes find it used for less. Also would donate the Blu-rays to someone that used them for art.

Reactions: MM3
I’ve probably purchased the Steve Austin Four Movie Collection steelbook 40 or so times these past couple years. New it’s $10, could sometimes find it used for less. Also would donate the Blu-rays to someone that used them for art.
So the disc tray can be easily snapped out and snapped into another steelbook? I honestly wasn't expecting that to be your response. :LOL: It would be nice if people could just buy those disc trays. I'm thinking I should contact different companies that make/sell media products and ask them to consider selling these trays for steelbook collectors.

So the disc tray can be easily snapped out and snapped into another steelbook? I honestly wasn't expecting that to be your response. :LOL: It would be nice if people could just buy those disc trays. I'm thinking I should contact different companies that make/sell media products and ask them to consider selling these trays for steelbook collectors.

The front and back panels pop off easily but the spines have a strip of adhesive that needs to be removed without bending the thin, delicate metal of the spine. I use a hair dryer to warm the adhesive and gently slide a plastic knife underneath and have gotten very good at it but with some of these rare and expensive releases it can be pretty stressful; if you accidentally lift the spine too much it’ll bend and is essentially ruined.

I’m sure there are threads here for modifying steelbooks where you can find better help, though.

Reactions: MM3
The front and back panels pop off easily but the spines have a strip of adhesive that needs to be removed without bending the thin, delicate metal of the spine. I use a hair dryer to warm the adhesive and gently slide a plastic knife underneath and have gotten very good at it but with some of these rare and expensive releases it can be pretty stressful; if you accidentally lift the spine too much it’ll bend and is essentially ruined.

I’m sure there are threads here for modifying steelbooks where you can find better help, though.
That would scare me too much to bother. I guess there will be no steelbook modifications for me regarding removing/adding disc trays.