Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: September 14th, 2017
Purchase link: Amazon.de
Price: TBC

913oBJWB89L._SX466_.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Shanester
Interesting series of old classics, now let´s wait for a style of artworks :coffee:.

But still missing the most important for me - Nosferatu (1922) :giggle:

This is a classic Universal Monsters series of films, Nosferatu would have no business being included. I would like to see a nicer release of that, as well, though.

I thought the Masters of Cinema version was superb. Mind you, I love all their releases (that I own).

My dream would be for this to either look like the US Universal DVD that was put out 10 or so years ago (there was Dracula, Frankenstein and The Mummy too in the set), or something dark like The Creature from the Black Lagoon Blu-ray steelbook. I don't like the recent Dracula or The Mummy designs even if it does seem to be Universal's default artwork setting.

This is a classic Universal Monsters series of films, Nosferatu would have no business being included. I would like to see a nicer release of that, as well, though.

I thought the Masters of Cinema version was superb. Mind you, I love all their releases (that I own).

agree with @tenderheartbear, the Eureka! release for Nosferatu is outstanding, and was also released as a steel. not sure if you've seen that one, @GeekSexy but i can highly recommend it. :)

love all these releases, thanks @snooloui. :thumbs: wonder if we'll see any UK versions.

I would've thought the English titles for these movies are kind of iconic enough not to need to be translated. :) I wonder if the German titles are on the steelbooks, or just on the cards?

I'm less worried that there will be German text on the Steel and more concerned that they will be completely devoid of text; or at least on the front like the first Creature From the Black Lagoon one was.

No text would be the way to go with these covers. It doesn't look like the images were designed with title placement in mind. They look pasted on as an afterthought.

I was dead set against getting another version of these classics but dang........these are all pretty stellar. Hoping we hear soon these will be available beyond the german market. If not, I may have to break down and go .de.

Would love to see Son of Frankenstein get the treatment as well.