Release date: February 26, 2018
Purchase links: 4K - 3D
Price: £32.99 (4K) - £24.99 (3D)

IMG_0047.JPG

IMG_0046.JPG

IMG_0048.JPG

IMG_0049.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
USA Disney and Disney Europe are different companies and have different business setup
Disney Asia prices will worse

4K/2D Amaray
Zavvi price £24.99
HMV price £26.99
HMV are more expensive

That isn’t entirely true, nearly ten years ago Disney made massive changes to their foreign subsideries, streamlining them and bringing them under firm control of their American counterparts.
Pricing is totally dependant on the country they are they are selling the product in, try not to think about what price it is in a different country as there are many variables to do with the pricing but you can be sure that the final price will take into account how much someone’s willing to pay.

Disney releases you not seen prices of £25 for a steelbook that has both 4K/3D
Disney also don't do releases that include both 4K and 3D discs in UK/Europe yet
They only do separate releases of 4K/2D and 3D/2D and 2D only for Amaray or Steelbooks

Disney dealer prices for new releases are higher than other film distributor releases so retailers retail price will always be more than releases from Sony/Fox/Warner

I didn't say I had seen Disney for £25; I meant in general as I don't pay 10 more for a Disney blu-ray than I do, for instance, a Sony blu-ray, so why should steelbooks be any different!!

• Thanks
Reactions: Starling
I didn't say I had seen Disney for £25; I meant in general as I don't pay 10 more for a Disney blu-ray than I do, for instance, a Sony blu-ray, so why should steelbooks be any different!!
Film distributors have different dealer prices some are more expensive than others

Look at the various Disney new releases prices with various retailers (not the back catalog releases) and you will see a difference in price compared to new releases from Warner/Sony/Fox etc
Disney new releases are more expensive for retailers

Sony and Warner have lower dealer prices than Disney that is why they end up having cheaper retail prices

The lower the dealer price from the supplier the more chance of customers seeing a ok retail price

A retailer wants to make around the same profit on each release before they start to drop prices of unsold stock

A UK collector in the UK pays more for their steels than a US collector in the US.

Unless you shop elsewhere other than zavvi.

But yet they offer cheap delivery for overseas customers, something which not many company's offer to UK customers.

There are a lot of things that are cheaper in America than the UK, not just steelbooks.

• Thanks
Reactions: snooloui
Film distributors have different dealer prices some are more expensive than others

Look at the various Disney new releases prices with various retailers (not the back catalog releases) and you will see a difference in price compared to new releases from Warner/Sony/Fox etc
Disney new releases are more expensive for retailers

Sony and Warner have lower dealer prices than Disney that is why they end up having cheaper retail prices

The lower the dealer price from the supplier the more chance of customers seeing a ok retail price

A retailer wants to make around the same profit on each release before they start to drop prices of unsold stock

Most new releases and pre-orders on blu-ray are £14.99, regardless of studio; Pirates, for instance is £14.99, Wonder Woman is £14.99.

Shouldn't cost Disney any more to make a disc that it does any other studio, so no need to charge that much more.

However if people are willing to pay this then fair enough, but if you do, prices won't come down.

Most new releases and pre-orders on blu-ray are £14.99, regardless of studio; Pirates, for instance is £14.99, Wonder Woman is £14.99.

Shouldn't cost Disney any more to make a disc that it does any other studio, so no need to charge that much more.

However if people are willing to pay this then fair enough, but if you do, prices won't come down.
4K/2D and 3D/2D Disney Animation as in canon films new releases and Disney Marvel MCU new releases we are discussing these have higher dealer prices when first released by Disney with all retailers in the UK

Pirates of the Caribbean films are not part of the Disney Animation or MCU range of Films catalog

The range of films that are not Disney Canon or MCU have standard dealer prices with a few exceptions

Thor Ragnarok 4K Amaray
Amazon £36.99
HMV £26.99
Zavvi £24.99

Thor Ragnarok 3D Amaray
Amazon £25.99
HMV £19.99
Zavvi £18.99

Steelbooks will always cost more than the Amaray Editions with new releases
4K/2D Steelbook
£32.99

3D/2D Steelbook
£24.99

At the moment Zavvi are the cheapest for both 3D and 4K Amaray releases
Amazon will price match HMV in a few days or in next few weeks

Last edited:
Just got back from seeing this and urgh far too much focus on humour and comedy moments than serious action :(

In terms of the superhero films this year I rank this at the bottom which is ironic as it’s the one I’ve looked forward to the most :(

Just got back from seeing this and urgh far too much focus on humour and comedy moments than serious action :(

In terms of the superhero films this year I rank this at the bottom which is ironic as it’s the one I’ve looked forward to the most :(

Oh no I was afraid of that...it seems for me that the Marvel movies I enjoy are only the first ones, at the exception of THOR 2...when I read about Hulk being in this I thought to myself WTF ??? :wow:

Oh no I was afraid of that...it seems for me that the Marvel movies I enjoy are only the first ones, at the exception of THOR 2...when I read about Hulk being in this I thought to myself WTF ??? :wow:

On reflection even each main character’s own story arc is poorly done imo, I won’t say anything else as I don’t want to spoil it for anyone but suffice to say I hope the Russo brothers bring back the seriousness to the MCU with Infinity War next year (which I’m sure they will given the tone of their previous films The Winter Soldier and Civil War)

Spider-Man Homecoming and Wonder Woman the best superhero films thus far this year for me (hope for good things from Justice League next month as well)

• Thanks
Reactions: Actarus