ThreeA Toy's Metal Gear Rex (1/48th scale) replica on sale today!

Leshita

Guy Incognito
Premium Supporter
Sep 7, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I have been following this figure for 3 years now and it is finally going to be on sale today. This is a Metal Gear Solid fan's dream come true, the holy grail of all figures for MGS fans like myself. :D
This is designed by ThreeA toys, which is a company formed by Ashley Wood, the artist for the Metal Gear Solid comic book, who also did the art for Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker's cutscenes.

The figure is going to be on sale at the Bambaland Store (official store of ThreeA toys, the company that manufactures the figure) at 9 AM Hong Kong time (5 PM PST). It will retail for $490 (includes shipping worldwide). I know it is a hefty price but keep in mind that this figure is HUGE.

It will be for sale for a few hours for sure for non-3AA members, typically figures stay on the store for a 24 hour period and then they are gone forever, but the more popular releases get pulled early for non 3AA members. Note: 3AA is a membership for the store that you can sign up for at the beginning of the year and it gives you a membership pack + 15% off everything on the store for a year. If you are interested in this figure, be sure to order early in case it leaves the store early.

There will be a second chance to order the figure from Sideshow Toys as well. They announced on their Facebook today that the figure will be up for pre-order in then next couple of weeks from their store. However, the price will still be better from ThreeA's bambaland since shipping is free.

Another note: the figure for sale is a PRE-ORDER, actual figure does not ship until August 2012 (subject to delays and changes though which frequently happens). For non-American members, you need to make a full Paypal payment at the time of purchase from Bambaland. Americans can do a pay-plan over a few months I think which is a feature Paypal supports. If you order from Sideshow, I think they do not charge until it ships (again, not 100% sure if it is always like this).

Here is a newsletter with all the info on the release: REX VOX newsletter

This is the official thread on the official forum of ThreeA toys (which I also frequent ;)).

0LFcx.jpg

Yoji Shinkawa with the Rex figure (a better idea of its size ;))

4xgYC.jpg

ZTUmn.jpg

PS: Sorry for the long post, just wanted to make sure I got all the info in. :)

Great post, I'm a big MGS fan but I'll be passing on this. I have another pricey collectible on my upcoming radar. Plus I'm more into "Snake" figures as opposed to their vehicles/accessories etc. However very nice edition! Hope you get one!

Reactions: Leshita
Great post, I'm a big MGS fan but I'll be passing on this. I have another pricey collectible on my upcoming radar. Plus I'm more into "Snake" figures as opposed to their vehicles/accessories etc. However very nice edition! Hope you get one!

Thanks, Wreck! Yup, getting one for sure, I will be placing my order soon. :D
I will need to be extra frugal after this purchase though, starting to worry about those Japanese Amazon Steelbooks now which is releasing soon. No idea if I can pay those off too. :emb:

Definitely good for those who could not pay the full amount for the Bambaland release.

By the way, Ashley Wood has confirmed that there will be different packaging between the Bambaland release and the Sideshow / other retailer releases, and the Bambaland release will come with an exclusive mini Snake pilot figure.