Upcoming Tokyo Vice (Season 2) [HBO Max]

kaw

Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
Based on Jake Adelstein's non-fiction first-hand account of the Tokyo Metropolitan Police beat, starring Ansel Elgort and Ken Watanabe.
The drama captures Adelstein's daily descent into the neon-soaked underbelly of Tokyo, where nothing and no one is truly what or who they seem.

Streaming April 7 on HBO Max

Reactions: 5t33lb0y
Anyone seen this, is it good?
Ah, who am I kidding, going to download this anyway, been a long time since Black Rain and Rising Sun...

I think they've pulled episode 9 and 10 from airing, yet to see any announcement as to why. The final two episodes have also disappeared from IMDB, just stopping on episode 8 was not a good idea

I think they've pulled episode 9 and 10 from airing, yet to see any announcement as to why. The final two episodes have also disappeared from IMDB, just stopping on episode 8 was not a good idea
Yeah, there's even articles already lamenting about it ending in such a way.
You sure you saw 10 listed/scheduled before?
I mean, it's not the old days, when regular channels wouldn't finish airing because of low ratings, and we'd never see the last few episodes, unless released on DVD, or dumped later on a secondary channel network owns in a rerun. It's HBO, a streaming one to boot, they always show everything. So, if there were 10 episodes, so close to scheduled airing, they must have been completed. Means they've decided to add 6 more, and show 8 as Season 2. Otherwise it doesn't make sense.

Reactions: gAnX
Yeah, there's even articles already lamenting about it ending in such a way.
You sure you saw 10 listed/scheduled before?
I mean, it's not the old days, when regular channels wouldn't finish airing because of low ratings, and we'd never see the last few episodes, unless released on DVD, or dumped later on a secondary channel network owns in a rerun. It's HBO, a streaming one to boot, they always show everything. So, if there were 10 episodes, so close to scheduled airing, they must have been completed. Means they've decided to add 6 more, and show 8 as Season 2. Otherwise it doesn't make sense.
Positive I saw 10 episodes last week on imdb, I was checking the air date for the 8th episode and saw them both. Imo Japan has put an injunction on the show and that's why it has a sudden stop, the first episode shows a scene between two characters in the future. That scene has not even been shown, also if you watch episode 8 it finishes like a weekly episode and not a season ending.

Some comments from reddit:

Screenshot_20220430-151917_BaconReader Premium.jpgScreenshot_20220430-151850_BaconReader Premium.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Lenny Nero
Oh, it's the frakin' 'meetoo' cancel culture's fault again, I see, gulity before proven. :rolleyes: the whole series, everyone involved in it, and its viewers, who invested their time, shouldn't be at fault.
Americans habitually 'nuking' the whole project, because one person is no longer 'comfortable'. It's like bombing the whole city, because there's a couple of terrorists in it... oh, wait, they do that regularly as well, right, it all fits, sorry.