Slipbox Train To Busan (Blu-ray Slipbox) [Norway]

spass

S.P.A.S.Secretary
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 5, 2012
Norway
Release date: February 27th, 2017
Purchase link: Platekompaniet (ships only within Norway)
Price: 199NOK

rsz_busanbd.png

Let us know when you give the disc a spin if there's English subs on it :)
Looking at the back of the case (only Norwegian and Danish subtitles mentioned), I already felt fairly certain that there would be no English subtitles, as "local" distributors who operate only in one to four Scandinavian countries, don't typically include English subtitles in their releases.

I find it unfortunate, but that seems to be the case with the overwhelming majority of releases by local distributors. Possibly additional subtitle tracks would incur additional costs in the way of licensing.

I fired up a question to the Norwegian distributor, Scandifilm, and just got back a kind reply confirming that the Blu-ray really has only Norwegian and Danish subtitles, as specified on the back cover.

No need for me to break the seal now, as I would only slip it inside a plastic protector - happy to keep this sealed :LOL:

Will probably get the UK release or a Korean special edition for viewing later on, when one gets released.

Thanks again, @spass , for helping me to acquire this and for the excellent photos! :thumbs:

Looking at the back of the case (only Norwegian and Danish subtitles mentioned), I already felt fairly certain that there would be no English subtitles, as "local" distributors who operate only in one to four Scandinavian countries, don't typically include English subtitles in their releases.

I find it unfortunate, but that seems to be the case with the overwhelming majority of releases by local distributors. Possibly additional subtitle tracks would incur additional costs in the way of licensing.

I fired up a question to the Norwegian distributor, Scandifilm, and just got back a kind reply confirming that the Blu-ray really has only Norwegian and Danish subtitles, as specified on the back cover.

No need for me to break the seal now, as I would only slip it inside a plastic protector - happy to keep this sealed :LOL:

Will probably get the UK release or a Korean special edition for viewing later on, when one gets released.

Thanks again, @spass , for helping me to acquire this and for the excellent photos! :thumbs:

Thanks for the help @Ranavalone buddy. Appreciate it :notworthy:
:thumbs:

It's understandable I suppose. No need for the expense and hassle of adding English subs to a Scandinavian edition when it's not essential. But a pity as it's a real nice edition.

Enjoy :)

• Thanks
Reactions: Ranavalone