Premium Supporter
Aug 24, 2011
Buxton Maine
Release Date: July 13, 2012
Price: 5,985
Purchase link: Amazon JP

transformers 3 japan.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
As much as I like the JP version Rain when it comes to slips I think TW kicks JP butt...:p

The Japan version is rarer, but design wise Taiwan is way better I think..:scat:

Just my humble opinion though. ;) Plus I am a sucker for TW Slips...:D
The artwork blends with the slip which the JP one doesn't..

Last edited:
As much as I like the JP version Rain when it comes to slips I think TW kicks JP butt...:p

The Japan version is rarer, but design wise Taiwan is way better I think..:scat:

Just my humble opinion though. ;) Plus I am a sucker for TW Slips...:D
The artwork blends with the slip which the JP one doesn't..

Agreed with the Blending part mate :thumbs:. That said, I love both the TW & JP versions of this steelbook. TW because it is so perfect from slip to the steel and JP because I love JP steels :p..... And after seeing the pics, my brain says that TW is better even though my heart says otherwise lol :D.... Thanks for the pics!

Reactions: earthscope
I agree buddy. I also love my JP Steelies.:D The quality is always the best..
I just never understood why Japan gave their version such a bland slip?? Every ones taste is different though!!
I am glad I have it though but when it comes to Sexy Slips TW is my *****....:hilarious:
congrats on your new baby bud, nice addition to your collection..:p:naughty:

Reactions: The Rainmaker
I agree buddy. I also love my JP Steelies.:D The quality is always the best..
I just never understood why Japan gave their version such a bland slip?? Every ones taste is different though!!
I am glad I have it though but when it comes to Sexy Slips TW is my *****....:hilarious:
congrats on your new baby bud, nice addition to your collection..:p:naughty:

:hilarious::hilarious:

Thanks mate!

In terms of best looking steel I agree.

But Ganesh said in terms of content. So unless the three above come with 3D, 2D and bonus disk then German one is probs best.

GMAB. The Majority of this board keeps their steels sealed. Content could be missing AFAIK and as long as the artwork and slip on the outside is cool that is what is the deciding factor and causes these steels to see prices in the stratosphere. It CERTAINLY has NOTHING to do with whats inside the case.

GMAB. The Majority of this board keeps their steels sealed. Content could be missing AFAIK and as long as the artwork and slip on the outside is cool that is what is the deciding factor and causes these steels to see prices in the stratosphere. It CERTAINLY has NOTHING to do with whats inside the case.

Yeh but some people obviously open the steelbooks to enjoy what's inside and aren't bothered by other things which may dictate other people's buying patterns.

We aren't talking about prices or rarity or value.

I already said the HK version is the best out there :)

Once again, stay on topic as there are members subscribed to this thread to get updates on this steelbook and this steelbook only. Thank you.

JP - Transformers - Dark of the Moon

Glossed finish with embossing. Superior finish to the Zavvi steel.

All images can be clicked on for a closer view. They are all high res and can be viewed at full scale.

kUQK8eM.jpg

xjXFCnn.jpg

rt8f1v1.jpg

kqwwfFn.jpg

Below are shots to help show the finishing on the steel.

HDN EXCLUSIVE SHOTS
---------------------------

znZTWVN.jpg

TglOGkf.jpg

HDN EXCLUSIVE FINISHING SHOT
Extremely close up shot to help show you the paint job

V4wLqUY.jpg

V4wLqUY.jpg

Reactions: BluRoo98