ORDER: Amazon

u3qU3sB.jpg

6fXAu2v.jpg

Attachments

• dome.jpg
    dome.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 366
Last edited:
This isn't going to be a whole series is just a 13 episode "limited series" as per this article:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/under-dome-10-things-know-560750
2. Don't call it a miniseries. While the summer series is 13 episodes, producers noted that there very much is the potential for it to continue on with a second season. Baer, who noted that both ER and now Law & Order: SVU lasted for 15 seasons, is optimistic that Dome could follow that trajectory. "I hope it's a trend," Baer told reporters with a laugh following the screening. He and Vaughan both agree that the 13-episode format best suits this series. "It's all killer and no filler," Vaughan said of the advantage to doing a shorter, cable-style run versus the traditional 24-episode broadcast format.

I think CBS doubted at some point this will turn out to be successful so that's how all the mini-series / limited series rumors began.

Last edited:
I haven't seen a single episode of this series yet. But this set looks amazing! So tempting.

---------- Post added at 05:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 AM ----------

Finding out that this series is based on Stephen King novel. This is a must watch and a must buy set for me.

The article you linked to does nothing to confirm that it's a mini series, and finishes by quoting Brian K Vaughn "but it is our hope we will get to come back to the 'Dome' next summer"

So, who knows what this will end up being?

You might be right according the StephenKing.com "Dome" is lsted as a series so we'll just have to wait and see.

http://www.stephenking.com/library/television/

I just think they're going to have a really hard time making it into a full series.

You might be right according the StephenKing.com "Dome" is lsted as a series so we'll just have to wait and see.

http://www.stephenking.com/library/television/

I just think they're going to have a really hard time making it into a full series.

The problem is that if they are unsure on the format of the show, even after it has started airing, then it leaves the show in a strange pace. I assume that most episodes are already filmed so would they not have filmed, or be close to filming the 13th episode? If so, how do you then change the whole thing to accommodate a possible second season?

The problem is that if they are unsure on the format of the show, even after it has started airing, then it leaves the show in a strange pace. I assume that most episodes are already filmed so would they not have filmed, or be close to filming the 13th episode? If so, how do you then change the whole thing to accommodate a possible second season?

Thats my thinking. I mean what if they first filmed the 13 episodes as a mini series and based on the success of the show they decide to make it a whole series it could turn out really bad for the second season.

It should also be noted that amazon lists it as: Under the Dome Limited Collector's Edition with Exclusive Content (Blu-ray). with no mention of a "first season"

I have it DVR'd, but I haven't watched the first episode yet.

This set could be cool. At first glance I thought it was like a snow globe-type thing. Then after thinking about it I supposed it was just a plastic lid painted to look like that. Then after looking at the picture closer it looks like it some sort of see-through globe thing. For $80 I'd expect some good quality.

Here's to hoping that the show turns out to be as exciting as I expect and that this set turns out to be truly demanding of such a high price tag.

This looks very cool, gonna have to watch it before I make any decisions on buying it. From what I've read on here, it seems pretty intersting...

On the one hand, I'm usually not a fan of how series based on Stephen King's stories end up by the end. But on the other hand, Brian K. Vaughan. Hmm.

I'd locked in a preorder a couple of days ago, regardless. It's a very nice looking collector's edition and there's plenty of time to cancel if the series/season/whatever turns out to be something I really don't want to own.

This is definitely for Season 1. The show got renewed for Season 2:

The folks in Chester’s Mill would be well-advised to sit tight, seeing as CBS has renewed it’s summertime hit Under the Dome for a 13-episode second season, to air in Summer 2014.
“We’re excited to tell more stories about the mystery of the dome and the secrets in Chester’s Mill,” CBS Entertainment President Nina Tassler said in a statement Monday, “and are thrilled to have the master storyteller himself, Stephen King, tell the first one of next season.”
A small-screen adaptation of the Stephen King novel, Dome premiered to 13.5 million total viewers with a 3.3 demo rating, and and at last tally had amassed 20 million with a 4.6 rating, with DVR data and non-linear playback factored in.
The 13-episode freshman drama’s most recent episode drew 11.4 mil and a 2.8 in Live+Same Day ratings.

http://tvline.com/2013/07/29/under-the-dome-season-2-renewed/

Reactions: Rand
Quite like this new serie, but I 'm not sure about getting it in a collector edition... Does it deserve it really? And the price... a bit expensive for a 13 episodes season...