Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: November 27, 2017
Purchase links: Amazon - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £22.00 (Amazon) - £24.99 (Zavvi & HMV)

91cWOPWHFnL._SY445_.jpg

81TAwSTbWNL._SL1500_.jpg A11iGwW90CL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Don't mind the art but I prefer the White art.

Might keep the Amazon exclusive if that don't change

£8 more for the exclusive 4K edition..... may have to wait and see if there’s a price drop or just go for this 3D edition instead.

Zavvi and HMV still show TBC, but it will be the illustration concept for sure?
Some sites just take longer to update the confirmed artwork, and since there's no mention of theirs being an exclusive, then it's very likely they'll all have the exact same artwork.

Anyone know if the one from Zavvi will be embossed? That would really break the whole artwork on the front... I was disappointed to receive the Wonder Woman from HMV with embossing, while the artwork showed a flat front. So I want to check this time around. :whistle:

Anyone know if the one from Zavvi will be embossed? That would really break the whole artwork on the front... I was disappointed to receive the Wonder Woman from HMV with embossing, while the artwork showed a flat front. So I want to check this time around. :whistle:
It's not known yet if has any embossing/debossing
It's the same steelbook with all UK retailers it's a trade wide release

Amazon exclusive also the same steelbook only difference is discs content

Reactions: Keli5
Remember we're to take any info from that site with a pinch of salt though...

giphy.gif
I agree and it's more hilarious the mistakes they list on the website listings when you consider it's them who manfacture the steelbooks :LOL::rofl:

I never take what they list as accurate regarding finish or embossing/debossing

I had to correct scanavo about Arrow Video The Thing Steelbook they originally had it listed as a 4K UHD release :hilarious:
It was only corrected after I contacted them

• Thanks
Reactions: K.i.T and Noodles
I agree and it's more hilarious the mistakes they list on the website listings when you consider it's them who manfacture the steelbooks :LOL::rofl:

I never take what they list as accurate regarding finish or embossing/debossing

I had to correct scanavo about Arrow Video The Thing Steelbook they originally had it listed as a 4K UHD release :hilarious:
It was only corrected after I contacted them
Hmm yeah, since it's the official site, it's pretty embarrassing... especially when the customer is having to correct them lol. And even more so that it's probably down to something like a lack of communication (from which side though is anyone's guess) -- I'm sure they could avoid these mistakes with a simple convo.

• Thanks
Reactions: paulboland
My Amazon 3D/2D steelbook order will be delivered later this morning
I canceled the amazon 4K UHD exclusive order a few weeks ago as I don't have a 4K TV

The 3D/2D Steelbook is the exact same anyway only difference is it does not have the 4K UHD disc and was cheaper option