Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

rj531

Rock Ninja/Steelbook Contributor
Premium Supporter
Dec 30, 2011
Up North Canada
Release date: November 21, 2017
Purchase link: Best Buy US
Price: $29.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

Screen Shot 2017-10-05 at 1.18.27 PM.png

Valerian.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
No issues with the artwork, but if there's a movie that I buy in 4K, this would be it. I'm done with buying both the non-4K steelbook and the 4K non-steelbook release. So if there's no 4K steelbook for this, I'm just going to wait until the regular 4K release is on sale for $14.99.

No issues with the artwork, but if there's a movie that I buy in 4K, this would be it. I'm done with buying both the non-4K steelbook and the 4K non-steelbook release. So if there's no 4K steelbook for this, I'm just going to wait until the regular 4K release is on sale for $14.99.

I don't know about the rest of the world but Canada is getting the 4K steelbook release for this.
The U.S. only shows regular blu-ray.

I think the link in the OP is out of date as it shows sold out @ $22.99.
This link shows the US Best Buy listing available for pre-order @ $29.99 for the Blu-ray/DVD steelbook.

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets [SteelBook][Digital Copy][Blu-ray/DVD][Only @ Best Buy] 2017

@rj531 @apsmith21

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: AlienKing and JCC
Reactions: JCC

I hope they stop cramming the 4K down our throats. For gods sakes there are actually people out there that still buy DVD's and I dont know why the studios are still supporting that over 3D

Reactions: rj531
I hope they stop cramming the 4K down our throats. For gods sakes there are actually people out there that still buy DVD's and I dont know why the studios are still supporting that over 3D

It's funny that 4K is selling so well and is quite popular, and releases like this are why I'm buying less and less steelbooks every month. But it saves me money, because 4K releases eventually go down in price but popular steelbooks do not. So THANK YOU for saving me money. Steelbooks in the US will slowly die unless more of them are 4K.

It's funny that 4K is selling so well and is quite popular, and releases like this are why I'm buying less and less steelbooks every month. But it saves me money, because 4K releases eventually go down in price but popular steelbooks do not. So THANK YOU for saving me money. Steelbooks in the US will slowly die unless more of them are 4K.

50% of the US steelbook quality is junk anyways, so I will just buy from overseas

50% of the US steelbook quality is junk anyways, so I will just buy from overseas

Agreed. My main interest is 3D which is pretty much dead for US steelbooks. I'm ordering pretty much everything from overseas now. Valerian is a perfect example. I just don't get why the US has a 2D only steelbook while Amazon UK has the exact same steel with 4K+3D+2D. I just went region free so I don't have to put up with this nonsense anymore.

Agreed. My main interest is 3D which is pretty much dead for US steelbooks. I'm ordering pretty much everything from overseas now. Valerian is a perfect example. I just don't get why the US has a 2D only steelbook while Amazon UK has the exact same steel with 4K+3D+2D. I just went region free so I don't have to put up with this nonsense anymore.

Yeah, same here. Nowadays I have to resort to buying steelbooks from overseas coz of the lack of 3D releases. And I am not region free yet on my players, so I got to be careful which one is ABC, and which one is Non-A. :(

Yeah, same here. Nowadays I have to resort to buying steelbooks from overseas coz of the lack of 3D releases. And I am not region free yet on my players, so I got to be careful which one is ABC, and which one is Non-A. :(

Yeah, I have a RF BD player, but not 3D, I have a ton of 3D disc that are useless to me

The steelbook is 100x better than the actual movie. My wife walked out on it last week, saying that the acting was giving her a headache. It's so bad!

The steelbook is 100x better than the actual movie. My wife walked out on it last week, saying that the acting was giving her a headache. It's so bad!
That's not good. I did a blind Buy on this, now you're making me think I should go ahead and return it instead of opening it.

Wow! that looks a lot nicer than I was expecting - only badly let down by content when compared to the 2 steelbooks from France with the different artworks with 3 discs in each . . . 3D + BD + BONUS BD / 4K UHD + BD + BONUS BD:-

upload_2017-11-20_20-46-8.png upload_2017-11-20_20-48-18.png upload_2017-11-20_20-47-8.png upload_2017-11-20_20-49-48.png

Last edited: