[VOTE] 6th Annual SteelBook of the Year 2016 - Best SteelBook (Overall Standalone SteelBook)

Vote for Best SteelBook (Overall Standalone SteelBook) of 2016

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
standalone-png.265897

Sponsored by the HDN Shop
Browse for limited edition SteelBook collectibles and more at http://shop.hidefninja.com & support the community!

Some great SteelBooks were released in 2016.

As it's customary, the nominations were tallied until January 15, 2017 from our nominations threads and each of the 23 most member-nominated titles in the Best SteelBook (Overall Standalone SteelBook)
category is now a contender in our poll.

Please remember you can only vote 1 time for your top choice and you cannot change your vote afterwards.

Voting closes January 31, 2017.

Have fun everyone & thanks for being part of the hidefninja.com community!

Other categories polls:

Why is Arrow Video Blood and Black Lace steelbook in the list
It's a great looking steelbook but wrong year for a vote
It was released in April 2015 in the UK

Arrow USA was delayed release in 2016 due to issues with rights issues

Customers from UK and USA lot ordered the UK release in 2015 it's the exact same steelbook

Last edited:
My vote goes to CA3 Civil War - Blufans

- Awesome front cover inclusive of virtually all the characters with embossed title
- Great back cover of CA vs IM inside a debossed CA star
- Satisfying inside artwork capturing the central theme
- Gloss finish

IMG_1107.JPG

• Thanks
Reactions: misformatt
My vote goes to CA3 Civil War - Blufans

- Awesome front cover inclusive of virtually all the characters with embossed title
- Great back cover of CA vs IM inside a debossed CA star
- Satisfying inside artwork capturing the central theme
- Gloss finish

View attachment 286875
that rear IS stunning.
should have been the front as the front looks too cheesey and crowded

I went for The Fifth Element Kimchi, very unique artwork and great embossing/ debossing.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: harry
I didn't realize Blufan's CA3:CW slipped in for 2016 consideration. Looks like somebody had a lenti in hand on Christmas, so it did make the cut.

HDzeta's Terminator and Nova's T2 were in my top 3, but I ultimately voted for Kimchi's It Follows. I guess I'm a sucker for black, glossy steelbooks. :drool:
IMG_1338.JPG

• Thanks
Reactions: lolwut
I don't get why that Cap America Blufans gets so many votes. From a design perspective it's a cluttered mess. I went with It Follows. I love the poster and The Blu Collection listened to feedback. Otherwise I would've gone with the Terminator steels.

• Thanks
Reactions: KittyCat
I don't get why that Cap America Blufans gets so many votes. From a design perspective it's a cluttered mess. I went with It Follows. I love the poster and The Blu Collection listened to feedback. Otherwise I would've gone with the Terminator steels.

In hand it's very nice, even better than Blufans Age of Ultron which on the face of it has a better image

Batman Vs Superman HMV????

For real?

Would have topped the poll in the 'Shittest steelbook of all time' category. Shouldn't even get a look in here.

What a joke :rolleyes:

it follows looks nice, but the printing is pretty dark and it pops because of the embossing.

kinda annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.