Vote-Oscars race 2015-Best Animated Feature-What film should win?

What animated feature film should win the Oscar for 'Best Animated Feature'?

• Big Hero 6

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • The Boxtrolls

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • How to Train Your Dragon 2

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Song of the Sea

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • The Tale of the Princess Kaguya

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
The Oscars are February 22,2015!
Here is your chance to vote for the nominees and chat about your favorites of the year in our HDN Oscar chats!

abighero.jpg
aboxtrolls.jpg
ahowto.jpg
asong.jpg
atale.jpg

Attachments

• baf.png
    baf.png
    69 KB · Views: 1,117
Dragon 2... easily. It's somewhat shocking to not see The LEGO Movie in here. I guess that must be because of the l
ive-action segment in the film.

Yep, very disappointed to see that The Lego Movie didn't make the list. I haven't seen any of the films that have been nominated, but Big Hero 6 and HTTYD2 are the only ones I'm interested in.

It would be something if Song of the Sea or Princess Kag won, imo
I would love to see Kaguya pull a victory. It is a beautiful film. Maybe I am old fashion by today's standards, but I find MOST (not all, notable exception: WALL-E and Toy Story Trilogy) computer animated films just don't have the warmth and magic that you get from hand drawn animation.
The last film I was happy to see win in the best animated film category at the oscars was Toy Story 3 back in 2010.
Last year, Frozen beating out Wind Rises! Seriously. Ahh, leaves me scratching my head to this day! :)

@steellogic yes, it seems like some of these smaller films (Grave of the Fireflies comes to mind as well) have a warmth and level of emotion that is just not often captured. Of course comparing Toy Story to GOF makes no sense as they are completely different films, but speaking just about the animation, there is some expression that is lost with some types of animation, imo.