What retailer should start releasing Steelbook exclusives?

MayFlower

Premium Supporter
Sep 28, 2011
I wish Fry's Electronic does an exclusive steelbook release. They're blu-ray selection blows away BestBuy inventory. Once BestBuy goes out of business, then I hope Fry's start releasing steelbook.

Anyone know the Fry's brothers?

Attachments

• No Pic.jpg
    No Pic.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 131
Last edited by a moderator:
I wish Best Buy would continue with the cheap-o Warner steelbooks. They're "good enough" for me to cheaply build up a collection of movies I like. With the advent of digital and dropping prices on entertainment in general, it's hard for me to justify purchasing Blu-rays in general so I've started to limit myself to almost only steelbooks (still like the look of them on display on my shelf). $9.99 to $14.99 for a steelbook case (even if it's not as nice looking as many of the others or even their Canadian originals) is great!

---------- Post added at 12:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 AM ----------

I also wish places like FutureShop and Play.com would ship to the United States... :-(

None. We have more than enough with Zavvi, Amazon and ES in the UK plus the likes of Sainsburys Entertainment. And there's plenty in the rest of the world too, so why do we need another retailer to sell them?

That is suggesting they make money off steelbooks, from my understanding Future Shop doesn't as Steelbooks are to bring in customers not really to profit from. Just my two cents about what I have heard and at times FS loses money on Steelbooks.